Saturday 11 February 2012

Frozen

Look what the weather app on my phone said this morning
MINUS fifteen degrees Centigrade!  I've never known it this cold before.  It was very hard to bring myself to leave the warmth of the bed this morning.  I'm not sure this snow is ever going to melt.
So, I've done the shopping, popped over and taken Coco for a walk, {took longer than expected as that puppy certainly does love running in the snow!}  had lunch and settled down to finish making my butterfly for Deb over at Paper Turtle.  Have you seen her post on the Butterfly Project?  I loved the ideas of all those butterflies, each and every one completely individual and set to work with felt and embroidery thread.  Here's the finished butterfly which will be winging it's way out of frozen Britain and across to sunny Arizona very soon.
Kind of wish I could hand deliver it!

14 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

So lovely! The white background is so innocent and the knots are perfect embellishments.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

A beautiful butterfly,Deb.
Our snow hasn't melted either....it's just frozen!!! But at least the roads are cleared now.

Ruth said...

Blimey, that is cold! -2 in London, about +3 at my mum's. Lovely butterfly, I have plans to make one.

Cheri said...

If it makes you feel any better, it is snowy here as well...

Love your finished butterfly. Good job.

Sian said...

Wow, that is cold! We are at nowhere near that. Though I'm still holding out for just a little snow before they go back to school..

Your butterfly is lovely

alexa said...

That's so pretty and delicate! And yes, that is very cold ... brrr!

Alison said...

Beautiful butterfly Deb!...and that is REALLY cold-stay warm!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Love your butterfly Deb and I can top your 'It's cold here' with a minus 17 when I got up at 6 this morning!

Rhona said...

I saw your temp on Facebook - yikes, that's cold!! We were down to -7C and that was bad enough.
Your butterfly is beautiful! x

Sandie said...

That's a lovely butterfly Deb.

Amy said...

I am not going to tell you our temperature ... I think you can safely assume it is a lot warmer than that!

A lovely butterly Deb.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Here I was shivering over your c-c-c-c-old phone photo and then I see that sweet little butterfly. I love it, Debs!!! Thanks so much for playing along - and for such a good cause. I'm very touched that you have participated!!! xo

Marti said...

Beautiful butterfly! This project is going to be fun as well as emotional. Ah, to be able to transport yourself to sunny, warm Arizona! I think I got frost-bitten on my nose just looking at your temperatures!

Marti -- mom to Deb @ Paper Turtle

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Your butterfly is so sweet...an I''m sure it's much warmer on this April day.