Monday 12 March 2018

Chilled

Well, what a difference between the me that wrote the last post and the me writing this one.  The unexpected spa break which was a combined Mother's Day and early birthday treat, was absolutely what I needed to shake me out of my low mood and I've returned feeling much more like my old self.  Actually a more relaxed and pampered, better version of that old self.



A glass of prosecco on arrival will always set the scene for a relaxing time.  Then up to our room to change into our towelling robes to have a blissful hot stone massage.  Oh wow.  Amazing, don't think I've ever felt so relaxed.  Then suddenly it's time to get dressed for dinner


We arrived a little early to the restaurant so killed some time enjoying a lovely G&T in the bar

The food was amazing - absolutely delicious and after dinner we both went up to our room and I don't think I've slept so soundly for ages.

Before we went down for breakfast she handed me a card which was an early birthday card from my son saying that as his birthday treat for me he had paid for me to have a luxury manicure.  


To say I feel pampered, relaxed and very, very lucky to have such thoughtful and generous children is the understatement of the year.  The last few days of my 50s have been pretty special.   60?  Bring it on!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

How lovely! Oh, and happy early birthday!

Patio Postcards said...

Now that is the perfect way to start the special birthday celebrations off. I think a spa day would be antidote to the winter blahs. You do have very thoughtful children.

Maggie said...

What a lovely treat. All sounds wonderful. Seems you have the same age milestone as me this year.

Patio Postcards said...

Wed/14th Good Morning Birthday Girl! Sending you lots of wonderful thoughts & wishes
Happy Birthday Deb .... Mary-Lou =^..^=

Barbara Eads said...

Okay, that's it! I need a spa day myself! Yours looks like so much fun! Thanks for the nudge!

Jo ~ Lifestyle Fifty and ZigaZag said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely way to kick off celebrations! May you have a beautiful year ahead too :)

Leslie Roberts Clingan said...

Yay!!! Sounds like this was just what you needed. Enjoy every precious moment and then return home ready to take on the world. You look at peace, and rejuvenated. Yay!!!