Friday 2 March 2018

February Part two

Joining in with Leslie and following on from my previous post, which you can see here,  trying to condense a whole day into one sentence - here comes the 2nd part of February

✩✩✩✩✩

Day 11: A lazy Sunday afternoon,



followed by our grandson sleeping over (You can tell by the relaxed, carefree look on her face that Coco was blissfully unaware that our little whirlwind Leo was on his way).

Day 12: Took advantage of a lunchtime offer of buy one, get one free at a local restaurant - lemon, pine nut and caper pasta at Col's Kitchen was absolutely delicious! 🍝

Day 13: Poor little Leo was decidedly under the weather when we were childminding him today and a visit to the doctors later in the afternoon confirmed an ear infection



Day 14: Feeling all the love for Coco after her trip to the groomers on Valentines day



Day 15: Oh no, seems that grandson of ours has been sharing his germs



Day 16: Need to power through this virus as we've got guests for dinner tomorrow night

Day 17: Fridge full of food, house thoroughly cleaned, wine chilling - ready for our guests and our meal

Day 18: Oh no, husband has succumbed to the bug, I was tempted to buy him a bottle of this

Day 19: Am becoming quite conversant in the sport of curling (too much armchair TV time with this virus)

Day 20: Back to work, trying not to spread my germs around the office too much 😷

Day 21: My day for looking after our grandson - he seems to have bounced back much quicker than we have!

Day 22: An hour of Fitsteps almost killed me, but I managed to stay the course - absolutely love the Charleston routine we do to 'Bills'.


Day 23: A subdued day in the office as there was a memorial service the celebrate the all too short life of the young 16 year old student who died from a brain tumour a couple of weeks ago.

Day 24: My favourite place to go shopping is Cambridge, and when we go there, my favourite place for lunch is here


Day 25: We had our little grandson over to stay the night while his mummy and daddy went out for the evening.  

Day 26: They've been forecasting a storm called 'The Beast from the East' for a couple of days now and temperatures dropped this morning quite dramatically before the first few flurries of snow - I think it's definitely on its way


Day 27: He's only 18 months old, but already our grandson has more artistic talent than me


This masterpiece is entitled 'snow'

Day 28: OK, so they were right about the snow - it hit us today



Could I manage to sum up my month in less than ten words?  Yes I think I could

I honestly can't remember ever feeling this cold before!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Another great job! Have you a routine now where you write your sentence at the same time each day?

debs14 said...

I'm trying to never get more than one day behind! It's a fun way to document the month.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Such cute pictures of dog and grandson sleeping! Enjoyed your month. I'm also a newbie. Leslie should be on commission!

Patio Postcards said...

Another enjoyable set of sentences. I feel for you having to live through a bout of this nasty cold/flu that circled the globe & then to be hit with the Beast From The East. While pretty to look at, snow is not nice to drive in. Maybe time for another quilt to be made to commemorate The Beast - I too hate being cold.

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

We felt cold this month too, Deb!! But I love your grandson's artwork!! Definitely a Picasso!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com