Monday 12 November 2018

Me on Monday

These Mondays are coming round really quickly at the moment!  

Hopefully this Monday night will be less stressful for poor old Coco than last Monday was.  As it was Guy Fawkes Night there were still fireworks going on somewhere close to us.  We were downstairs and she was just pacing up and down and staring at me with a really sad expression on her face, so even though it was only 8pm we headed upstairs to the bedroom to watch tv there and she spent the whole time laying on the top of the bed on my lap.


So apart from the embarrassment of the car park fiasco I mentioned in my last post 😳 what else did last week hold?  A couple of get togethers with people I used to work with.  One at the local pub with the group of girls who I worked with in the office and one morning coffee with two people I worked with about 4 years ago.  Both get togethers were fun, and showed me how quickly life can move on.  I caught up with all the news and office gossip in the pub but it was very different not being part of that scene on a daily basis.  It made me realise that I do miss the people but not the work and office politics!  The other get together was very different as they had left years ago and so we didn't discuss the school at all, but caught up on the news of what we are all doing now.

Last night we went to see Bohemian Rhapsody at our local cinema - it was SO good!  Of course it meant that I had the song 'Don't stop me now' in my brain all the way home but that's not such a bad thing!  If you like the music of Queen you really should go and see it.  

That's my advice for the day and now I need to tackle todays boring job - shredding what feels like 10 year's worth of old receipts and invoices - that's the trouble with 'tidying up the study' you find all manner of stuff that you don't need but daren't just put in the bin.  Are we overcautious do you think or are you a 'shredder' too?  I'm giving myself incentive by saying that after 5 mins of shredding I can do 5 mins of blog reading, that's a reasonable challenge isn't it?

4 comments:

Ruth said...

We shred all our receipts, etc that are no longer required. I offer myself a consolation - 15 minutes of shredding and then a cuppa. Mind you, our shredder over heats after about 20 minutes of continuous usage ...

Patio Postcards said...

I'm a shredder - I am what some have called paranoid about it ... but 1 minute or in your case 5 minutes of caution with the shredder is a prevention of years of trying to get back what's yours. The lack of my previous boss shredding clinic patient info is - oops - was, one of my peers! Oh poor puppy - our cats don't like the firework noises either but they hide & refuse to be comforted.

Cheri said...

We shred. Jay's identity was stolen about 20 years ago. It took us nearly 3 years to clean up the credit reports. I highly recommend shredding! Poor Coco - have you tried a thunder vest?

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

I bought a little portable shredder, used it once, put it in a very practical place to find easily again and can't find it. Not in the office, not in the closet where like things are stored. Hmm.

Glad Coco had a quieter evening. Poor dear. So hard to explain fireworks to babies and pets. I remember taking our dogs to a big 4th of July fireworks display, priding myself in being a pet owner who took her pets with her out and about. They were hysterical and inconsolable to the point that we had to leave. That'll teach me to get so puffed up about myself!

I can relate to meeting up with friends who are still at the work place, catching up on the scuttlebutt and yet not really feeling a part of all of that any more. I have breakfast several times a year with a teacher I worked with at my last school. When I hear all the woes she endures, I am glad to be retired. But I do miss all the hugs from the students I worked with and loved.