Monday 5 November 2018

Me on Monday

The 'where did that weekend go?' edition.

I feel I've been chasing my tail this weekend and am off for a bit of retail therapy in Chelmsford once I've pressed the 'publish' button today.

I had relaxed plans for Saturday, we were having friends over for a casual supper in the evening so I had made the lasagne on Friday night ready to reheat, a simple red onion and tomato salad to go with it, and a selection of breads.  All I had to do was make a lemon meringue pie for dessert in the morning.  

My husband was out in the morning - he does volunteer work over the Country Park that is behind where we live and it had been chosen to be part of the Queens Commonwealth Canopy campaign.  It was quite a big deal for the park to be acknowledged so the great and the good of the local area went for the official tree planting and the 'Friends' volunteers were also invited to be involved in the ceremony.  When he got back I had a text from my son to say he was popping over in an hour.  Then my daughter rang to say that as this was probably the last time she'd be able to see her brother before the new baby arrived, they would pop in too.  Then a text to say 'do you have anything we can have for lunch'. It was obvious this wasn't going to be a quick visit and I was thankful I was so organised in advance.  Everyone arrived and then my son in law got a message to say his dad had been taken ill while on a short break in Suffolk.  It sounded serious so he quickly left to go up to be with his mum.  This obviously meant that my daughter was now without a car.  Which inevitably resulted in her staying all afternoon, having a quick dinner, getting Leo bathed and ready for bed here and then me driving her back home an hour before our friends arrived.  So my nice relaxed, organised day went totally off script and I was only just showered and changed in time to put dinner in the oven to heat before our friends arrived.  I am never going to think I have everything under control again - fate will always conspire against me! 

So - my daughter has the date for her baby now and I'm not going to share that date anywhere for exactly the same reasons mentioned in that last sentence!  However, I can say that it is within the next three weeks - watch this space.  

We had a very scared Coco here on Friday night - I've never seen her like that before.  We have a cricket field almost next to our house and they were having their annual Fireworks Night.  Only this year they had moved where they were letting the fireworks off and it was right near the boundary rather than on the opposite side near the park.  It honestly sounded like it was happening in our front garden.  Poor old Coco ran upstairs and was cowering under the desk in the study.  Hopefully there will be nothing that loud or prolonged on the actual Guy Fawkes Night tonight.

Anyone else feeling like this at the moment ?


Many thanks to Snapchat for reading my mind.  I feel like I'm spending too much time thinking about all the things I want to get done and not enough time actually ticking anything off the list.  One thing I've been talking about doing for ages and constantly finding a reason not to do it is to defrost the chest freezer in the utility room.  There.  I've put it out into cyberspace now.  You all know it's got to be done.  So now I can't get away with not doing it this week.  But I don't think there'll be time today ... 

6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

You certainly had a busy visiting weekend & may I add to this post comments about your sentence a day for October - busy!!! I like the bat ears & the teddy ears on your selfies.

Ruth said...

That was indeed a busy weekend! You look very cute in your ears ...

Maggie said...

Lucky you were so well prepared otherwise you would have been tearing your hair out!

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

There are so many days I feel like this...like a dog chasing my tail.
I'll come defrost your freezer if you want to reorganize my purses....LOL!!
XOOX
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Cheri said...

I do that way too often - think about things I want to get done, then don't do them. Even write them down on a "to do" list. Carry them forward from week to week. If I spent my thinking time actually doing, a lot more would be accomplished!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Best laid plans... I feel like so many of my days go off script and take on a mind of their own. and my to-do gets longer and longer but fewer and fewer things get checked off. Sometimes I put things like 'make the bed' on my list just so I can feel like I have accomplished something!!

Will be looking forward to news about your new grand. My Lauren is pregnant again after miscarrying this summer. We are holding our collective breaths until she is safely farther along.