Saturday 24 November 2018

She's here!

I meant to come and pass on the good news earlier but a certain young man has been staying here and there hasn't been a spare moment!

Our little Grandaughter, Rosie, was born on Wednesday, weighing a tiny 5lb 4oz and already the image of her big brother.  

Let me tell you, Wednesday morning seemed to go on forever; I couldn't settle to anything and must have checked my phone a million times.  There was a slight hitch to start with, the hospital had not ordered in a match for R's blood (she has an unusual antibody so they had to be prepared in case she needed a transfusion) so instead of being first on the list she had to wait.  But it was worth waiting for and at 11.31 she was holding her baby daughter for the first time!  

Mum and baby came home yesterday afternoon and we reunited Leo with his family once they had settled in.  I think he was really missing them, although it's nice to be with nanny and grandad, it's not the same as being with mummy and daddy! Not to mention your little baby sister.

I will wait until I have been given the ok to share some photos, but can assure you that she is gorgeous.  Yes, I am biased but when I asked Leo what he thought of his sister after we took him to visit them, he proudly announced 'She's gorgeous nanny, gorgeous' so it must be true!


5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Wonderful news Deb - thanks for sharing. Glad to hear everyone is fine - phew what a relief for all ... welcome Rosie to this world, it's going to be an adventure!

Catherine said...

Congratulations to you all. I always think the arrival of a new baby is a time full of hope and love.

Ruth said...

How wonderful, many congratulations!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Oh, how I love Leo's appraisal of his baby sister. Cannot wait to see photos of baby Rosie. Hurry, hurry and get the okay to share. So glad mom and baby are healthy and home. Congratulations, dear friend!

Barbara Eads said...

Now that's something to be thankful for---even if y'all don't celebrate Thanksgiving!!