Is it me, or are Mondays coming around much faster nowadays?
How was your week? We had a mixed bag over the last seven days, I seemed to fare better than the other two in the family home!
The week contained
- One suspicious cold followed by a negative covid test
- One vet visit followed by a very unusual hair style
- One meet up for coffee with Jon and the children which ended up costing me two bedtime books as well
- One afternoon tea with friends
- One meal out with the lovely ladies I used to work with
- One trip to Leo and Rosie's School Christmas Fair where I won a bottle of pink prosecco in the wine tombola and a necklace in the raffle
- One drinks evening where we learnt a new card game (shared this get together with Paul who was feeling a lot better!)
So here we are again at Monday. I'm planning to pop to Chelmsford later today to have a browse around the shops. I feel like I'm doing ok with my shopping, we have pared down the people with whom we exchange gifts and it's made life a lot simpler!
Hair cut for me on Tuesday - hopefully not one which matches Coco's and I'm also having our oven professionally cleaned in the afternoon. I know it is a real luxury but try as I might, I can never keep my oven completely clean so about once every three years I have it done properly and fill myself with good intentions to keep on top of it! I love cooking so the oven gets a lot of use and it never happens.
For those wondering, Coco has a skin tag on top of her head which she made bleed and we were worried that it was looking a bit 'dodgy' so the vet had to shave the top of her head to clean it up and check it out. She looks a little like a medieval monk at the moment but thankfully the vet feels that all is well.
No other firm plans for the weekdays but a busy weekend with a trip to Audley End to see the Enchanted Lights and then the big Zumba dance party on Sunday. More on that next week!
Hope you have a healthy and happy week!