Friday 1 December 2023

Let's sit and have a cup of tea

 Here we are with the last 'first Friday of the month' of the year!



Thank you for taking the time to join me for a cuppa and a biscuit.  It's getting busy isn't it?  Please do sit down and sample one of the brownie cup cakes I made yesterday.  It's a new recipe for me, salted caramel brownies made with Carnation caramel condensed milk.  What do you think?  They've been a hit so far with Leo and Rosie, not to mention me and Paul!

Are you organised with all your Christmas prep?  I'm gradually working my way through the list of presents I want to buy and we'll probably put our tree up after the weekend.  Family tradition dictates that it goes up just before Paul's birthday on the 12th so we have a deadline!  

Our grandchildren are getting very excited now, they are the perfect ages for Christmas, young enough to still believe, and old enough to understand what's going on.  We will be going to see Max in his first nativity in a couple of weeks and Leo and Rosie are in a Christmas concert next weekend.  I will definitely be shedding a few proud tears I know!

Hasn't the weather turned cold?  I was late collecting Olive this Wednesday as I simply couldn't get into my car!  The door lock and handle were fine but the window seal had frozen solid.  After a lot of googling, I found a recommendation to use a vinyl and rubber conditioner and luckily had a bottle of it in the car in amongst all the car washing products.  It seems to be working!

By the time we meet again Christmas will be done and dusted and we will be a few days into the new year isn't that hard to believe?  Have a happy and healthy Christmas!


4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Thank you for tea & those treats do look yummy, yes please, fuel for all the errands to run. Watching the younger ones get excited about Christmas is part of the Christmas magic. Goodness it is hard to figure out what to get for Mr Man, I think it might be a sock & underwear Christmas for him (lol). Well must dash, I cannot wait for a peak at your tree.

Ruth said...

That cake is the perfect accompaniment for a cuppa, thanks! :) How lovely to have the Nativity to look forward to, I miss those days.

Jennifer said...

I would say the cupcakes are a hit!! As tasty as they look in the photo:) And how can it be that Christmas will be over and a new year upon us before we meet for tea again!!? Oh my. I hope you will share a photo of your tree.... Thanks again for a nice chat!

Barbara Eads said...

I've had my decorating done for a couple of weeks now. I don't really enjoy all the work of it. I do like it when I've finished. So, I like to get an early start to enjoy it for a longer time before I have to put it all away.