Friday 29 December 2023

#WBOYC in December

 Time to link up for the last time this year with  Deb in Australia for What's Been On Your Calendar


It was a month that started with temperatures in the minus figures - but I guess we shouldn't be surprised by that in the last month of the year!

D

Deicing my car never gets more enjoyable - although I did read a very handy tip that if you pull your sun visors down when you put the heat up the windscreen it recirculates the air up and down the glass rather than inside the car and the ice will just melt away.  So I started the month with a valuable lesson which saved me being out in the freezing cold too long.

E

Everybody here for a meal to celebrate Paul's 66th birthday and him officially becoming a pensioner!  

C

Christmas - what else could C stand for?  Apart from the big day itself, Christmas Nativity Concerts for Max and Rosie this year.  We were so lucky to have such a lovely family Christmas, I am very thankful for time spent together.


Leo still enjoys a Snapchat filter!

E

Ending the year with a good book club choice - The Berry Pickers. I have read so many books this year that are of varied genres that I would never have chosen myself.  The sign of a good book club is to introduce you to authors and books you wouldn't discover yourself.

M

Meals out with friends to celebrate Christmas. I wonder why we feel the need to meet up with everyone in the weeks leading up to December 25? This year we have a post Christmas meal already planned so we haven’t used up all our social events in the busy time.

B

Buying gifts for family brings so much happiness. I love picking something that I think will make them smile.  I still ask everyone for ideas about what they would like, but try to add a little surprise (or two)along the way.

E

Eventually completed my Scandi Meadow blanket 


And now time to start a new one 😉

R

Remembering my dear Mum who loved Christmas so much and died on the 18th December in 1997.  She made Christmas so magical for us when we were growing up and we have tried to maintain her traditions while also making new ones of our own.

So that is my last monthly round up for 2023, here’s a month’s worth of pictures 1 Second Every Day …



3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Your blanket looks beautiful - a work of art. Yes the Christmas season seems to be when everyone wants to meet up within the 24 days before Christmas. I do like your Snapchat filter. Wishing you a wonderful healthy 2024 to you Deb & your family.

Susanne said...

Hi Deb, not sure if I've commented here before, I'm here from the WBOYC link-up. Your comment about meeting up in the weeks before Christmas is interesting! I had two Christmas parties in one week. It was enjoyable but a super busy week.
Isn't it wonderful to have those memories of the Christmases our mothers prepared for us? I only have good cozy memories too from Christmas back home. Hopefully next year we'll see my family for Christmas. We moved to Ireland 5 years ago and have stayed home for Christmas since then but even if I really dislike Swedish winter, it would be nice to spend Christmas with family.
Hope you get a good start of the new year!

Deb's World said...

Hi Deb, I love your Scandi Meadow blanket - it looks fabulous! It's great to have you join us for #WBOYC and I do hope you had a great Christmas with the family. I always enjoy your posts and using the letters of the month is so clever! Happy 2024 x