Monday 15 July 2024

Me on Monday

 This Monday finds us in a bit of a flat mood.  Despite reaching the finals of the football Euro 2024, England lost to Spain.  I think there are a lot of disappointed fans making their way back from the host nation (Germany) today. Let's not dwell on it!

We did enjoy the mens final at Wimbledon though, what a good game it was and I was happy that Alcaraz won.  How lovely to see Princess Catherine enjoying the game with her daughter too.

I enjoyed my Knit and Natter on Friday and I've been added to the WhatsApp group so I think I am accepted as a regular now!  I need to crack on with my blanket so they don't think I'm always on the same project.  I was sitting next to someone who was knitting a lovely cardigan and I am inspired to swap crochet hooks for knitting needles and start a new project for a bit of variety.  Hopefully summer will arrive soon and the thoughts of needing clothes to keep us warm will fade into the distance!

We’ve decided that quite a bit of decorating needs to be done this year and I have started the process by looking at paint charts. As it is hall, landing and stairs plus lounge and dining room, we need to be sure we are happy with our choices.


Neither of these match pots have made the cut. At least we’ve narrowed down the decision, but I suspect there will be several more match pots before a final choice is made!

So where does today find me?  Well, we have a new cafe that has opened in the town park which is dog friendly.  Rumour has it that they bake delicious almond croissants so I think we will be taking a little trip down there later this morning 😊

Have a good week!

4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

What a big project your painting is going to be, but always worth it in the end. I thought the crowd at Wimbledon giving Catherine, Princes of Wales, a standing ovation was such a special moment. Lucky you being able to switch hooks for needles in projects, that's a talent! An almond anything sounds delicious.

Ruth said...

The tennis was fantastic and we were pleased that Carlos won; obviously less pleased that England didn't pull off a win, but given that most of the nation seemed to think that they would never actually make the final, they have nothing to be ashamed of. Delighted to see the PoW looking so well - the spontaneous standing ovation was a lovely touch.

We're also looking at paint colours - might I suggest going with a bold choice? The Young Man is considering a navy blue in his room ...

I always love a dog-friendly coffee shop and I'm quite fond of an almond croissant. :)

Jennifer said...

So disappointing with the big game. I was certainly pulling for all of you:) And, yes, it was wonderful to see the Princess at the tennis match. Congrats on being inducted to the knitting group. They obviously know real talent when they see it!:) As far as painting...isn't choosing the right color the hardest part of the whole project?? So many samples....

Have a great week my friend!!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Hope the new cafe and the almond croissant were delicious and met with your satisfaction and Coco's. Was glad to see Catherine and Charlotte at Wimbledon. What a rough go the royals have had in the past year. Hope her recent appearances are an indication that Catherine's health is improving.

I think you were painting the stairs and hall when I first met you. Is that possible? We need to at least touch up our paint. I can bear the thought of touch ups but not of painting the whole house. Just too much to move. Would like to put new carpet in the bedrooms but with PC retiring next week, I think we need to see how our finances look before committing to any big projects.