Wednesday 17 December 2008

16th

I sometimes wonder if it is just pure coincidence that Shimelle's prompts arrive on a particularly appropriate day. Like the day we were supposed to be looking at the weather and the whole country woke to either snow or a heavy frost ..... How did she do that???
Well as I am a day behind, today I was working on yesterday's prompt for a page reflecting on what we have to be thankful for. I was feeling a bit 'down' today as it was 11 years ago tonight that I saw my mum for the last time. I always go and lay flowers and a Christmas wreath at the graveside so that it all looks nice for the actual anniversary of her passing and it was such a lovely sunny morning there today. Sometimes it is easy to dwell on the sad things that have happened but I am so thankful for all the happy memories that I have of my parents, and they live on in me and my children. I have much to be thankful for so, a big thank you to Shimelle for giving me a nudge to remind me of that.

No comments: