Wednesday 21 July 2010

Lost: One comfort zone. Reward will be offered


So Shimelle said 'Step away from your comfort zone'. Well, if I am honest, I prefer to take pictures of people. When I make a scrapbook page, it tends to be using photos of friends and family. So when my daughter hosted the surprise engagement party last night and I picked up my camera, I really wanted to take pictures of the girls but made myself concentrate on the 'things' that made up the party. Like the lovely OMG! balloon that has an engagment ring as the O. The cupcake serviettes, the chocolate and cheesecake muffins ... I'm not sure I would ever use this collage for a layout, but it was good to have a little play around and it does sum up the party. Although I would have liked to include a picture of the girlies ....{instead of accidentally using 2 of the same balloon picture }
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Cheri said...

But it is a great collage - and would work well as part of a two page layout of the party - girlies on one side, this collage and journaling on the other!

Scrappi Sandi said...

I love the shots you got of all the party paraphernalia...these are the things that fade from memot=ry in tiime!! I agree with Cheri that a combination of these with pics of the partygoers & lots of journalling about who said what & what gifts were given & by whom etc etc would make a fab double LO, if not a mini book!!! (pause for breath!! sorry I got carried away there!!) :)

Scrappi Sandi said...

p.s. I've just noticed all my typo's!! Sorry...I was typing with enthusiasm so accuracy was compromised!!!

humel said...

Food photography is definitely my comfort zone, yum :-)

I find that collage thing a tad frustrating sometimes - they reuse the early photos to complete the rectangular arrangement - wish you could tell Picasa how many rows and columns you want!

And, ditto all the above :-) Looking forward to seeing that layout/mini book... xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

It is a good assignment, isn't it?Great job figuring out how to stretch yourself.
Rinda

Cheryl said...

lovely shots I must admit I always seem to take people but after seeing your shots I think I shall make an effert to capture the little things.

Denise said...

I love your collage, particularly the cupcakes pic,I think yopu soud definitely use it - lovely x

Rhona said...

Like you I prefer to photograph people, you did a great job though. I have to ask where you got the bunting from, I'm going to be organising a baby shower for my daughter in a few weeks time and the pink bunting would be perfect!!