Saturday 15 December 2012

In sympathy

It seems wrong to write a post celebrating a time of joy today when our news is full of the tragedy that unfolded  in America yesterday.  I can't put into words how much sympathy I feel for those parents who have lost their children.  It is a totally unnecessary loss and one which they will never recover from.  Those children have been denied their futures.  To those who feel the relief of having a child who survived, they too will be touched by this forever.  Their children's innocence and carefree ways will be tainted by what they experienced.  Not to mention the emergency teams who had to deal with the scene.  And it may be that we never learn what prompted this man to take such drastic action.  His family too has to live with the knowledge of what a member of their family has done.  This is a true tragedy.

I am sure that everyone with school children will have hugged them extra tight last night.  My thoughts and prayers go out to those who will never know the feel of a that kind of hug again.

4 comments:

humel said...

Yes - I can't even put into words my horror and sympathy and heartbreak. We're praying for all the families affected, and I'm holding my own kids extra tight right now x

Rhona said...

I agree with everything you have said here Deb. Just thinking about it makes me cry again, such a needless tragedy. We can only pray for those left behind and, as you say, hug our own children & grandchildren close and be thankful. x

Abi said...

It was just awful as the news came flooding in. You have written some beautiful words here Deb. Prayers to everyone effected.

Sian said...

It's just so very sad..