Friday 31 July 2015

Scavenger update

Oh my goodness, we are well into the Scavenger Hunt now and it's time for a catch up of the photos we have found so far.  I am really hoping that my forthcoming trip to Italy will fill in the gaps of the more difficult to find items. I'm hoping that I may also find some replacements for some I'm not totally happy with.
A cellular tower, a metal bridge, people wearing matching outfits and an overloaded vehicle.
 
A panoramic view from somewhere high in the air and people plugged into social media.  My previous ones can be found here.
Now, I need to explain about the panorama one, there is actually more of that photo but it didn't fit into that template so it doesn't do it justice! It was taken at a high point of countryside near where I live and the views go on for miles. You don't really get the feeling for how high up we were - all I can say is that the little boy on his bike had to wait a long while for his family to catch him up that steep hill! I'm hoping I can replace this one, but I have a phobia of lifts so the chance of a rooftop view isn't going to happen. I'm hoping to find a nice hilltop somewhere where I can take a better (Italian) view, or maybe a shot from an aircraft! You can't get more high up in the air than that can you?
So I'm two thirds through - and really looking forward to clicking through the linky to see what everyone else has found.  I've loved checking the hashtag on Instagram to see the pictures and it always amazes me how different people can interpret the same category.  It's also interesting to see that something that is easy to find on one country is difficult to locate in another.  That's the fun of the hunt!  I also love the idea that all over the world, people are anxiously seeking out a flag pole with at least 3 flags flying from it.  Such a fun project that links so many people. 
Head on over to Rinda's blog later today to check out that linky!
I'm also at that point that is longing to tick the last one off the list but I know that the feeling of accomplishment will be swiftly followed by 'oh no, that's it until next year.'
 



14 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I know exactly what you mean and I hang it out right into late September if I can. The flags will be my "cloud" this year I think. Have a wonderful time in Italy :-)

Cheri said...

Exactly why I'm looking forward to going back to Ocean City - more pics and hopefully better pics!

Sian said...

A fine set of finds. I've been sailing, I've been to a parade..all the places you'd expect to see a lot of flags with no luck yet..

Jane said...

some great finds, I'm finding several of them tricky this year.

Karen said...

You've gotten some great ones already. Hopefully, you'll be as lucky as I was on vacation; I found almost all of the difficult ones.

Becky said...

Hope you find some to fill in the gaps in Italy! Like your overloaded car :)

BJ said...

Have to say your overloaded vehicle made me laugh, looks like some is on the ground too! Great photos, BJ

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I have to agree with BJ. I did laugh when I saw the overloaded vehicle!! Have a grand weekend!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I feel the same way, Deb - love that this scavenger hunt wraps around our planet and it's so fun to see the very different takes on the same item. And I'm always a little sad when I check off the last item too. I have eight left to find/make happen. The way this summer is flying by, I'd better get busy!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What wonderful and inventive photos to go with each prompt. I was like BJ and loved the overloaded vehicle. I was super impressed with the various ways you interpreted these prompts and look forward to seeing more next month. Good luck with your trip to Italy.

Beverly said...

I love the boys wearing the same outfit! Great captures, the door knocker and overloaded truck (etc) are on my might not find list. You are fined for overloaded vehicles where we live.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I"m glad you're enjoying the Hunt!The overloaded vehicle is great, but my favorite is the panorama.
Thanks for joining the linky.
Rinda

Kat said...

Loving the overloaded vehicle. :) And I love the way you write about your finds. Well done so far!

Hootin Anni said...

This is super!! Well done. And I clicked on your 'previous ones' link...love the lamp posts image on that one. And the cute poochie.

I joined in this time around and posted my finds. If you'd care to stop by for a visit, I'd love your company!!