Monday 7 January 2019

Me on Monday

Wish me luck this morning.  It's Leo's first session at pre-school where he will be staying without Mummy or Nanny.  The only problem is that the time of his session clashes with a health visitor home visit for Rosie so his mummy can't take him.  It's going to be Nanny who leaves him there on his own.  I'm hoping it will be fine but there is nothing worse than leaving a child who is crying and insisting on going back home with you.  It will be fine.  It will be fine. That's what I need to keep telling myself!

Did you have a good weekend?  We had a very productive Saturday, dismantling Christmas and packing everything away in the loft.  Plus a sorting out of the airing cupboard.  Those Marie Kondo programmes have a lot to answer for!  (We only have one single bed nowadays, and that's now a guest bed so hardly ever used; why do I need 4 different single duvet covers?) I have tried to be ruthless/sensible about what I keep and what can be repurposed into dust sheets for when we decorate.

Sunday?  Traditional roast with all the trimmings, lamb this week, followed by jam roly poly and custard.  Perfect comfort food for cold winter days.  Rachel, James, Leo and Rosie came to join us and Leo then spent the whole afternoon going through a box of bits left over from when I did scrapbooking.  He was fascinated by the cutters and stamps, the stickers and the buttons.  And I think that he may have reached the age where we can do a bit of crafting when he comes round.  Could this mark a phased return for me to scrapbooking? 

So what does this week hold?  Well, this is the first time since Rosie was born that I have days to myself and I've no hard and fast plans.  I did have a pack of fabric for Christmas along with a pattern for an Accents Quilt and up until now I haven't even taken it out of the cellophane - I know, how restrained eh?  Wait a moment, let's get opening ...


Ta dah!  I fancied some colourings that I wouldn't normally choose so this is a lot darker than my normal fabric choices.  Now they are released from their packaging I can't wait to get going.  Paul is out for two days this week and I can be home on my own making as much mess as I want without anyone commenting on how much of the dining room I am taking up.  Or the fact there are lots of off cuts on the floor, and there's no room on the table to eat a meal ...  

3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Sounds like a divine way to spend a few days - crafting. Those quilt fabric patterns look really cheerful even though you say darker than your normal selection. Leo will be fine. My friend's little person on his first day of pre-school, waved & said see you at pick up time Mommy & never looked back. She said she thinks she felt worse than if he had fussed & cried. It will be fine. :)

Hope you enjoy your two days of fun ...

Ruth said...

I do hope Leo's interest in your paper crafting supplies marks a return to scrapbooking for you, phased or otherwise!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

What lovely, cheerful fabric. I assume you have to sew your quilt. Alas, I do not sew. But wish I did. My mom was a beautiful seamstress when I was younger. My ex-sister-in-law makes darling flannel blankies and throws without sewing a stitch. That would be the only way I could such a project. Kind of nice when the husbands are out and we can make messes with our crafts and not have to worry for a day or two about picking up. My craft area is so small and rather secluded. I like bringing projects down to the kitchen table but then all of the mess is out for the kitties to rummage through. No one ever comes over so the kitties and my PC are the only ones who might mind!

Looking forward to following your progress on the quilt. How did Leo do when you dropped him off? Hate when they cry!