Monday 28 January 2019

Me on Monday

When your Monday morning starts here 



The day can only improve, right?

Actually it wasn't a particularly stressful visit, just a blood test.  I went to the docs last week for my annual review of repeat prescription and she scrolled back through my records and noticed that it was many a year since I had a blood test.  So she decided to do a check to make sure all was ok.  But of course it was a fasting blood test, nothing to eat for 12 hours before.  I was very hungry when I got home and never before has this


Poached egg on sourdough toast with a coffee breakfast tasted so good!

I'm looking a lot neater this Monday after having a much needed hair cut and highlights last week.  Isn't it funny how much better you feel after a bit of pampering?  

The weather isn't too conducive to feeling very enthusiastic about going out and about this week.  My sister is in Portugal at the moment and from the photos she put on Facebook it would seem the weather is glorious out there.  Lucky things!  However, Carol the weather forecaster on BBC news this morning said that we have a band of horrible cold, wet, sleety, snowy weather approaching from the west and the end of the week does not look good.  How's winter going where you are?


4 comments:

Ruth said...

We currently have blue skies and sunshine in West London ...
Fasting blood tests are difficult, aren't they? I always try to get the first appointment of the day!

Patio Postcards said...

Not a fun way to start the morning. But it does give you peace of mind that all you do is paying off ... your breakfast looks delicious, I like poached eggs.

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

Our weather is like that too. A perfect time for tea and knitting in my opinion!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

alexa said...

Well, we've gone from minus 7.5 (minus 11.5 at ground level) and 12 cms snow, to plus 5C and mostly dry though grey. Your hot breakfast looks very nourishing; hoping those results come back just fine.