Monday 27 May 2019

Me on Bank Holiday Monday

I have now officially been retired for one whole year!  That's crazy.  They say time moves faster as you get older and it would appear to be true.

We continued the holiday vibe onto Friday evening where we met up with our old (as in, I've known them a long time, not that they're ancient 🤣) friends Denise and Peter.  Denise was the person who introduced me to scrapbooking and talked me into starting a blog.  She's now part of Dawn Bibby's design team and a very talented scrapbooker and all round crafter.



We forgot to take a photo of us both when that basket of sharing starters was full, so here's the before picture of the scrummy food!  If you come across a Giggling Squid restaurant be sure to try their salt and pepper squid - Delicious!



Then my friend Mandy rang and asked if we fancied going round to hers for a paella night on Saturday.  Well, how could I say no?  





Back to reality on Sunday though with a family lunch for 7 adults, 1 toddler and a baby.  But as it's been 11 days since I last cooked a meal I can't really complain can I?  While setting the table I realised that we are running out of space and that once we have a second high chair in place we will be a bit squished.

Today you will find me catching up on ironing all the washed holiday clothes and then sorting through the holiday photos to see what others I can share for the summertime photo scavenger hunt.  Let's start with number 1 - an outside clock



Just look at the colour of that sky - how I wish I was back there this week!

3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

A wonderful start to your SPSH finds. What a big blue sky - sets off that church & clock perfectly. I wish I had some friends that did scrapbooking or card making, oh what fun to share a hobby.

Ruth said...

Is it weird to admit that I just waved at the photo of you and Denise ...?

alexa said...

Such an atmospheric photo of your holiday - that wonderful white and ochre is so classic ... It sounds as if the entertaining and relaxing with friends and family is ongoing :).