Tuesday 16 July 2019

Just when you least expect it

I've mentioned a few times that I'm taking part in the Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt that Mary Lou has organised and on looking at the list I felt pretty sure I was going to struggle with Number 19, A funny or meaningful bumper sticker.  You see, bumper stickers are few and far between nowadays in the UK and I had already decided to use Alternative A - a bird house.  When having lunch at a local deli which is near a vintage odds and ends shop I noticed this dove cote



Which, if you use your imagination, looks like it's had a surprise!

I digress.  This morning, while shopping in town, I came out of the local book store and was almost run down by someone in a motorised wheelchair.  Full of apologies, I stepped back to let her pass and noticed that the driver was a nun.  Which is an unusual thing in our town; there used to be a convent many, many years ago attached to the local Catholic Church but they moved away and I can't remember the last time I saw a nun.  Let alone a speeding nun in a motorised wheelchair!  As she passed me I noticed that she actually had a sign on her bumper which made me think "I've found number 19 after all!".  I didn't manage to get a brilliant photo of it because to be honest it felt a bit weird chasing a nun in the middle of the high street but if you click on the photo to expand it I hope you can just about make out the wording of the sign



It says 'Flying Nun' (pretty sure that was the name of a tv programme back in the 70s?)
and because of the speed at which she was travelling really made me chuckle.  

Another one ticked off the list!

3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

YEAH for you capturing the bumper sticker. I do like that dove cote & yes it does seem most surprised. Maybe it knew about the flying nun!

Ruth said...

I think you win with this one! #19 is the one I think I'll have most trouble with, unless I spot something topical in and around Westminster ...

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

OMG...that's hilarious!! And how perfect for the nun too. Even if she runs someone over, who's going to get mad at her!!
XOXO
Jodie