Monday 22 July 2019

TGIF on a Monday

Carrying on with TGIF on a Monday - not the 'thank goodness it's Friday'  but  Brene Brown's  new weekly gratitude practice, TGIF.  Yes, I know it should be done on a Friday but I've always enjoyed being different! 

First things first ...


Thanks to Snapchat for the lovely floral hair accessories.



... that the boiler company will be able to come out in the next few days to find out why we suddenly have no hot water.  Luckily we also have an immersion heater but I'm dreadful at remembering to turn it on half an hour before we want hot water.


... for the forecast of nice weather this week, I'm fed up with this humid, thundery feeling in the air - let's get some 'proper' summer weather!


... to visit the botanical gardens in Cambridge soon.  Why is it that we often forget to go to places close to home?  I think it's time to be a tourist for the day.


On Friday evening we have six friends coming over for an Italian themed dinner; I'm hoping that once the stress of cooking the meal is over I will relax and enjoy the evening!  In theory I'm organised and everything will go to plan, the only thing that may hijack the evening will be if the baby (who is now almost a week overdue!) suddenly arrives during the day and I have to fit some hospital visiting into the equation!


5 comments:

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

We do forget to be tourists in our own area...but it's so fun. I hope you share photos of the botanical garden!!
XOXO
Jodie

Patio Postcards said...

I like the TGIF on Monday & once my M.O.M. vacation is over I'll be happy to return to my Monday posts. I like the floral arrangement, fingers crossed baby comes two days before Italian dinner, that way new baby can be celebrated with a toast - Saluti

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

You wear your floral accessories so well. A la Frida Kahlo. These filters are such fun. Whenever PC works out of town we talk via FB Messenger/video and play with the filters available there as if we were 10 years old.

Hope you dinner goes off without a hitch, and that baby is born enough beforehand that she doesn't 'interfere' with your dinner party. I wish I liked to entertain but it just makes me a nervous wreck.

Hope you enjoy a trip to the botanical gardens very soon. And some more pleasant summer weather than what you have been experiencing. We have gray clouds move in every evening lately, only to blow over without raining a drop.

Ruth said...

I hope your boiler has been fixed and that your Italian dinner goes well.

Barbara Eads said...

I can totally relate to your Italian cooking for a crowd. It always sounds like it would be so easy. I was cooking for twelve an decided to do Italian last Friday night. I realized that I was using my biggest pot for the sauce which meant I needed to cook the 2 lbs of spaghetti in two batches. And then the meatballs---I'd forgotten how time consuming they are---not for a small batch, but when you are tripling them! It all was declious and worth it! Now I have some spaghetti sauce in the freezer. The meatballs are gone! Maybe I'll just add some store bought ones for just the two fo us!