Friday 30 October 2020

Almost Allhallows

 How can it possibly be almost the end of October?  What a year!  We don't have that many young children living around us, they have all grown up and got too old/cool to go trick or treating (however that may happen this year!).  But that doesn't stop me buying a 'few' sweets ready to hand out - just in case.  I am sure that someone (me) will eat them if no-one turns up at the door! Luckily I've only bought sweets that I like 😉

But if it's almost the end of October, then it is also almost time to start the 25 Days of Gratitude posts!


Which will be a challenge in itself as I have given myself an extra rule, that I have to post one photo every day.  Shall we take bets now on whether or not I manage 25 daily posts?  In anticipation of doing this I had a video call with Leslie and Jennifer last night.  Well, last night for me, and yesterday afternoon for them!  It's always interesting to actually speak to someone whose blog you have been following.  I love listening to other people's accents, we don't notice our own do we?  

I hope everyone has a good weekend, I know that those of us in the UK are probably in different kinds of restrictions as to what we can do.  We are currently on the lowest tier, but I suspect we could be about to change so we will make the most of being able to have our daughter and family over for Sunday lunch.  We can't see our son indoors as although he only lives 14 miles away, his county is in Tier 2.  We are also seeing friends this evening for a takeaway meal.  The hosts' son in law is a doctor and I know they are taking things seriously and the husband of the other couple has a lung problem so they are being careful too.  I only feel comfortable being indoors with other people who are following the rules the same as we are!

Take care and keep safe!


6 comments:

Ruth said...

Hahaha, I do the same let's-buy-sweets-and-chocolate-incase-anyone-calls thing! :)
Enjoy your family lunch on Sunday - very envious! We're meeting up with my SiL tomorrow for a dog walk and an al fresco lunch ... have you seen the appalling weather forecast?!

Patio Postcards said...

We have decided against handing out candy this year because of COVID. Some communities are making extra efforts this year & some places like Toronto have banned Trick or Treating, but you know some will. I use to always buy candy I didn't like for the sole purpose of me not eating.

I'm looking forward to your upcoming Gratitude posts. I hope all your weekend plans turn out perfectly :)

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Being in the highest Tier at the moment I've decided not to have any sweets to hand out. I will put the pumpkin outside the front door though, as some of the village residents have said it might be fun for the children just to do a pumpkin hunt instead.
Enjoy your Sunday lunch with family.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

I so enjoyed hearing your voice and seeing you. You were exactly as I imagined. You speak the way you write on your blog. Now when I read your words, I can hear your voice speaking them.

I really want to try to do a post a day, too. But we will see how that goes. Probably need to try to get next week's posts ready to go. Hope many of your scavenger hunt photo friends will join us.

Barbara Eads said...

I know what you mean about other people following the same rules regarding social distancing. I had a scare a couple months ago when a friend called to say she had been exposed. When I heard the circumstances, I realized that even though I was doing what I was supposed to---I have no idea how closely others are following the rules. Now I'm extra careful. I love the idea of the 25 days of grateful photo challenge. Do you just post a picture a day of something you are grateful for?

Susanne said...

We are on the very careful side as well, with the spike in our county these past few weeks I have even given up my Pilates class which I really enjoy. We live in a semi-rural area so there are no trick-or-treaters, but I have treated us to 2 boxes of chocolates covered cherries. I say "us", but hubby doesn't really have a sweet tooth.