Monday 5 October 2020

Ta Dah in September

 πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–

Oh the excitement - we actually left the house for a short holiday this month.  Almost exactly a year since our last holiday. Not quite such a foreign place this year but we enjoyed it just the same.  I've written a few blog posts about the places we got to visit so I won't bore you with them again, but will just say that we really had a lovely time.  Although she'll never admit it, Coco had a good time on her holiday too.  Staying with someone who lives in the same street as us so she was on home territory and I suspect that a lot of cuddling and spoiling went on in our absence.

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

I've not read many books this month.  I'd already read the title that was chosen by our book club so I chose to read one of the other titles from the list which was The Girl from Widow Hills by Megan Miranda which I enjoyed and didn't guess the twist at the end and then Things We Never Said by Nick Alexander.  I wondered if this would be a sad book to read, but it wasn't, it made you realise that even when you think you really know someone there may always be another side to a story that you don't know about. The last book that I finished on the last day of the month was The Switch  by Beth O'Leary who wrote The Flatshare.  This was a lovely, easy read and although you can kind of guess what the ending will be, it's a good journey getting to it.

πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

I returned to doing my Zumba class in person!  Something that would not have warranted a 'ta dah' moment last year but was a huge accomplishment this very strange year.  Of course in my excitement to get there I forgot to pick up my belly dancing skirt so didn't make as much noise I would normally do on the 'Bollywood' routines!

🍷🍲🍸

We went out for a meal four times - all while we were away, it was lovely to relax with a gin and tonic while someone else cooked my dinner for me!


I'm still doing my Spanish lessons on Duolingo, some of the categories are getting a little bit harder now and it's easy to run out of 'hearts' (you are only allowed to make 4 mistakes per lesson which can be a bit stressful if you accidentally press the wrong button and enter your answer before you've double checked it ...

So that's what I achieved in September - did you have a 'to do' list for the month?


  


6 comments:

alexa said...

Your September shows your life expanding in lots of directions - travel, exercise, learning ... how very hopeful!

Patio Postcards said...

A very good Ta Dah month. Off the top of my head I cannot think of many ta dahs for myself in September, maybe making it through the month ... (lol). Thanks for the book recommendations.

Maggie said...

So what happens to you if you make more mistakes? Do they have a naughty seat?
You are brave than us going out for meals. We have only managed one and that was fish and chip restaurant while we were away but we did sit inside!

Ruth said...

Plenty of Ta Dah moments in September for you. :)
I enjoyed The Switch, but nowhere near as much as I enjoyed The Flatshare.

Susanne said...

Yay for you and all your ta-da! Getting away and eating out sounds like heaven - lucky you. And I am sure Coco appreciates you all the more after a short absence.

I did have a crafty to-do list in September, on which I accomplished a lot. Here in October I need to make a non-crafty list as well, and get some chores done.

Barbara Eads said...

I think your September sounds like a pretty fun month. You got to do a few things and read a few things. That's about the best we can hope for right about now!