Wednesday 3 February 2021

Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt - part two

 It's nice to have a distraction from being in lockdown and I've enjoyed searching for some more of the items on the Winter Photo Hunt list.  Want to see what I've found?  Here we go:








So, 12 down and 8 to go!  I've included one of the alternative ones just in case I struggle with one on the list.  It's a Romanesco Cauliflower; isn't it gorgeous?  I'd never cooked one before but I fancied making cauliflower cheese to go with our roast chicken the other weekend. The shops had sold out of 'normal' cauliflowers and this was all they had.  I figured it probably tasted very similar - and it did!  Coated in a lovely, creamy cheese sauce it was absolutely delicious.  Almost too beautiful to cook and definitely came under the category of 'textured'!  

Are you joining in with the hunt?  How are you getting on with your list? Thanks to Mary-Lou for introducing me to this fun challenge organised by Eileen!

8 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Great finds. Your Romanesco Cauliflower is gorgeous & I would have been hesitant to cook & eat, it's a work of art. I like your round & round.

Ruth said...

I initially thought that lettuce was a succulent! Great finds. :)

Barbara Eads said...

One thing I like about the photo scavenger hunts is how it makes you pay attention to things. The little frogs on the lily pad is adorable. And, I love cauliflower, but have never seen this variety. It looks like you could put it in a pot with some dirt and make it a beautiful houseplant! If I ever come across anything like that in our grocery stores, I'll be sure to buy it!

Eileen T said...

I love romanesco cauliflower but haven't been able to get any so far this year. It's a great choice for textured. Thanks for joining the hunt.

Jennifer said...

Hi Deb! What a fun post and great photos! I have never even heard of Romanesco Cauliflower....but, you are right, almost too pretty to eat! But glad it was delish!! Hope you are doing well and staying healthy!!

alexa said...

Lovely collection - I'm another admiring your cauliflower! I also really like your frosted cobweb.

Susanne said...

I can't believe that beautiful texture green treasure was edible too. Nicely done on the hunt, I am down to my last 8 and need to get back to it. The photo hunts certainly help with the boredom.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Have never seen a cauliflower that looked like that!! I thought it was a succulent or a cactus. So pretty. Glad to know it was tasty, too. I could eat rocks, though, with the right cheese sauce.

The glass photo is a pretty blue. I wanted to do something different with that prompt, too. Your photo is a lovely inspiration.

We are having spring like temperatures and I have had the doors and windows open!! But now they are saying snow is in the forecast for the coming weekend. Maybe I will get some winter weather snapshots. But then I am ready for spring.