Friday 23 April 2021

Making friends

I've always known that there are a lot of lovely people out in blogland, people you would never normally have met but people you just bond with.  I know how much I value my blog-friends!  

Since trying my hand at a new craft, crochet, my friend Denise (the one who talked me into scrapbooking, then joining Shimelle classes, then blogging ... ) encouraged me to join some crochet groups on Facebook.  To see people who have started the same projects and learn from seeing what they have done and replies to questions they have asked.  So once again I took her advice (I mean, if it hadn't been for her I wouldn't have started a blog and met you lovely people! basically she's my life coach 😆) and I have been absolutely amazed at how much I have discovered and what a friendly, supportive, helpful bunch crafters are!  

Latest project that I found on the Coastal Crochet blog

I'm loving this - I'm learning so much as every four rows you start a new pattern.  And before you ask, yes I am using this as an excuse for not doing that huge pile of ironing that is growing daily ;-)

So what else has kept me from blogging this week?  Well there have been a couple of days where my lounge has looked like this ...


I love the fact that although we have two boys and a girl for grandchildren, they all love playing with the same things!  Rosie is obsessed with caring for her baby dolls, yet still enjoys getting the toy garage and road layout set up, Max is happy setting up the ice cream truck and more of the cars, and Leo will play with anything so long as his red power ranger can be involved!  No such thing as boys toys and girls toys here, they all love them just the same.

There was a day when we had workmen in to do the hard work making this

And then of course we needed to do a bit of shopping


for the finishing touches.  So we are making the most of the warm dry weather because you never know when it is going to end!  Even though I haven't written a blog post myself, I have made sure I've visited other blogs every day - it's good to keep an eye on what my blog friends are doing!

Have a good weekend everyone x




5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I like your walkway; it inspires me to do something similar with our grassless side yard. How fun to have the lounge decorated with imagination's wonderland. I agree, blogland has some of the finest people occupying the land of internet.

Ruth said...

Shimelle's online classes and scrapbooking have brought so many lovely people into my life - thank you for being one of them. :)

I love the colours in your new crochet project and your new garden path looks great.

Jennifer said...

Your garden looks lovely!! And hooray for life coaches who know us so well....pushing us to try something new. And we love it!!:)

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Your new crochet project is lovely. Coastal Crochet has some lovely patterns. Your garden is looking great. I'm just waiting for the day we decide to do something with ours!!

alexa said...

What a lovely garden! It must be so nice to walk down that path - I do love that asymetrical design. Condolences re the living room; having has my grand-daughter here (and that's only one child!) I can relate to the number of things on the floor :). Delighted you've found warm and kind people to further your crocheting ...