Monday 26 April 2021

Me on Monday

 I'm not quite sure what happened to Monday, I had a few flexible plans but I'm finding myself at just gone 5pm without having completed them!

The crochet is growing 


This pattern is perfect for me, it is not one row after another of the same stitch, it is blocks of pattern four rows at a time so it's keeping me on my toes, and learning lots of new combinations of stitches.  I had planned to do some this afternoon but Rachel was at a loose end so her and Rosie popped round, the sun was shining so we could eat outside so they stayed for lunch, then sat in the garden until it was time to go and get Leo, then Coco needed her afternoon walk ... you get the picture!

I did get to cook some rock cakes before they arrived- I made a batch a couple of weeks ago but they just disappeared.  They seem to be a little too popular around here, Paul likes to have one in the mornings with coffee, Jon ate two in the time it took to drop Max off the other Wednesday and the builders were more than happy to have them with their coffee when they were here to build the path.   

We paid for our holiday which means it is less than 12 weeks away.  I'm trying not to look forward to it too much because we all know how quickly restrictions can change but at least we have something booked for the not too distant future!  I'm also in the process of investigating the best pub gardens that offer heated outdoor seating, it will be nice to book a table for a meal out sometime soon.

Right!  It's time to start thinking about dinner, has to be an early one tonight as Paul has a Volunteer Committee meeting on Zoom at 6.30 followed by his online Italian class at 8pm.  Looks like my crochet will have to wait until then!




6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Your crochet project is so pretty, I think it would make a person feel cheerful just working on it. Oh a holiday, now that is a fun time to haul out brochures & google searches. I've started baking all together, I enjoy far too much.

Time is just slipping away, I cannot believe the first quarter of 2021 is only 4 days from being done.

Susanne said...

Your crochet is very pretty, both pattern and colors. How nice to have them pop round unexpectedly -- we all need more of that.

Ruth said...

I do love the colours in your crochet. :) The baking disappears in our house as well - weird.

alexa said...

Such pretty patterns and colours! And gosh, yes, time takes on a different speed when we have little ones to look after. Admiring your ability to bake in the midst of it all :).

Jennifer said...

Holiday plans....how delightful!! I'm excited for you!:)

Barbara Eads said...

Your crocheting is beautiful! I love that pattern. It looks like you need to play close attention which is not always my strong point with crochet!