Friday 1 April 2022

A sentence a day in March

 

It's always nice when March arrives; the days get longer, the sun shines now and again and of course - it's my birthday month!

Day 1 Shrove Tuesday, needless to say we all tucked into pancakes for our dinner time dessert - mine were with lemon juice and caster sugar, how do you like yours?

Day 2 Didn't feel 100% today, woke up very congested and with a bit of an earache so it took every bit of energy I had to look after Max today #earlynightforme

Day 3 Had to remember to take coin skirt, finger scarves, maracas and umbrella for Zumba today as we were being filmed (umbrella needed as a prop for a Dean Martin number 'aint that a kick in the head') yes, we cover all music tastes from Bollywood, the musicals, and the most recent chart songs!

Day 4 Met up with 16 ex-school friends for a meal, we must have talked non stop, what a great evening - I feel very blessed to have made friends for life when I was at school.

Day 5 Today my son is 32 - gosh that time flew by so fast.  He's the same age now as I was when he was born.

Day 6 A nice quiet Sunday, started a new crochet project #houseworkonpause

Day 7 It was sunny today but with a real 'bite' to the wind, even so I still managed to mow the lawn which had started to get quite long

Day 8 Rosie was here today, it was a warm sunny day and we were able to set up a picnic table for her 'babies' on the lawn.

Day 9 Max came for the day - he was in an 'I only want Nanny' kind of mood so it was kind of tiring! Coco went to the groomers
No we didn't make her sit in the middle of the road, this is a backdrop that the groomers use for photos of their customers!

Day 10 Zumba and then a hair cut so now I look as smart as Coco

Day 11 Lunch out with two ex work colleagues as a pre birthday treat


Day 12 Friends came over for drinks in the evening

Day 13 Went to Rachel's for a lovely family day - I was very spoilt.


Day 14 My birthday! Went out to lunch with Paul to my favourite Thai restaurant


Day 15 Back to normal - had Rosie here for the day, weather was glorious - both friends I had lunch with on Friday now have Covid, I tested myself but I am negative

Day 16 Our day for looking after Max - weather was horrendous with heavy rain containing weird red dust

Day 17 The sunny weather is back, Zumba in the morning, read my book in the afternoon with the sun streaming in through the conservatory windows

Day 18 Went to Saffron Walden in the morning, was gloriously sunny, had the most delicious cappuccino in a cafe there, popped over to friends in the afternoon


Day 19 Should have had friends here for dinner but one of them tested positive for Covid on Thursday.

Day 20 Rachel and her family came round for Sunday lunch, the children loved being out in the garden and Daisy went crazy running around in circles chasing them.

Day 21 Another warm sunny day - I even hung the washing out to dry on the clothes line in the garden

Day 22 Rosie was here all day and Leo in the afternoon, a friend has donated a bucket of frog spawn to us to add to our pond - there was much excitement to also find a frog!

Day 23 Max was here for the day, the outdoor toys were brought out again but his favourite was the large box we found in the garage.

Day 24 Fundraising day after Zumba for our local hospice, such a good cause, I'm hoping the grand total will be high.


Day 25 Lovely sunny day, had a pub lunch at a dog friendly pub and ate outside!

There seem to be a lot of pictures of me and food in this month's roundup!

Day 26 More sunshine, went to friends in the evening for an Indian meal

Day 27 Clocks forward an hour and it's Mother's Day!  Lunch at Jon's.


Day 28 Catching up on chores, bit of crochet, bit of reading - a nice slow day, Coco went to the vets for a check up and has put on a bit of weight #shesnottheonlyone

Day 29 A whole day to myself - Leo and Rosie are on holiday in Dubai and Paul had to take some elderly relatives to a funeral.  

Day 30 Max came for the day, made cakes and had fun icing them

Day 31 It snowed!  Just a little but the temperatures have plunged, at least I warmed up a bit after doing my Zumba class! 

Farewell to March, just time for a recap of 1 Second Everyday





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

You also seemed to have a very full & fun March. I hope all your friends that had COVID are fully recovered now. You certainly are a blessing to your family with all your Nanny duties!

Susanne said...

Sounds like your birthday month went well. And Coco is looking very cosmopolitan!

Barbara Eads said...

My foavorite thing that jumped out at me this month was your dinner with school friends. I was able to meet up with several of my grade school friends that I hadn't seen in 50 years! We met and 5:30 and went to 9:30. So much fun! I plan to do it again the next time I get to St. Louis. I always love your lists!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great birthday month, Deb! Lots of time with friends, the grands, and good food. I hope your friends are on the mend from Covid

Ruth said...

What a wonderful birthday month!

Joanne said...

Your Zumba class sounds so fun! It looks like you had a great birthday month! Happy belated birthday to you.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Lots of lovely sociable times. How lovely to meet up with old school friends. I'm in touch with a few of FB but there's never been a reunion. Glad you enjoyed your birthday and managed to dodge Covid.

Natasha said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your Zumba class sounds so fun and I can't believe I haven't hung any laundry on the line yet. How is it April and that hasn't happened yet?!?!?

Wildflower Adventures said...

Happy Birthday! Lots of good times with friends & food. I had a couple of earaches too, had not had one in years, very uncomfortable & painful. Filming Zumba with dress up props sounds fun & exciting. Fresh cut grass is one of my favorite smells. Mowing the lawn & having a picnic sounds heavenly since we just came out of a blizzard. Love that picture of Coco, what a creative idea. Karen