Monday 28 March 2022

Me on Monday

 Here we are on the last week of March, a quarter of the year gone already! 

It was Mothering Sunday yesterday.  Even though I have now had 25 Mothers Days without my mum, the date is still poignant but how lucky I was to have her for the years that I did and it is the happy memories that keep you smiling.  We spent the day with our son and his family with Jon cooking a wonderful meal followed by a lovely walk around the village and then tea in the sun in the garden.  Rachel popped round to see me in the morning with some beautiful flowers and she then spent her Mother's Day jetting off to Dubai in the afternoon!


So, this Monday sees the start of a week with reduced childminding duties! I don't have too much planned for this week, the weather seems to be cooling down quite a lot with wintery showers predicted for the weekend ahead.  So that plan to go through my wardrobe and pack away the winter clothes has been put on pause!  

Getting caught up in the excitement of R's holiday has made me think that I need to give some serious thought about what we are going to do this year, first step will be arranging holiday care for Coco and then working around that!  We went to friends for an Indian meal on Saturday with another couple and they are off to Sri Lanka at the end of the week, I don't think we'll be aiming for anywhere quite so exotic, I'm still a bit unsure about the way all the health requirements keep changing.  It was stressful enough seeing it second hand through Rachel!  

Do you have plans for the summer yet?  Maybe I'll get some inspiration from you!

4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

It sounds like a perfect weekend. No plans for summer yet, Ruth just reminded me I've got to get a move on for Easter arrangements, but there will be no jetting anywhere. Beautiful flowers.

Susanne said...

We aren't booked for a holiday either. Hubby and son are planning on resuming their annual fishing trip to Canada in June, but even that has tricky testing protocols at present. By then it could be canceled completely. I am planning on staying closer to home but seeing family in nearby states more.

Glad you had such a lovely Mom's weekend.

Ruth said...

Dubai? I am not ready for a long haul flight yet!
I think I've already mentioned it before, but what about the Channel Islands? Short flight or go on the ferry. The perfect mix of feeling both like home and being abroad. :)

Jennifer said...

So - Rachel went on vacation? with the family? Does sound exotic!! Hope some holiday plans come together for you. I enjoy the planning as much as the trip!!:) Have a great Monday!!