Monday 13 June 2022

Me on Monday

 It's Monday - again!  They certainly come round fast don't they?  

This Monday finds me

Pleased - that my crochet blanket is coming along nicely.   I am somehow managing to keep up with the work that needs to be done each week and learning lots of new things

This is the central part of the blanket - it has 'postcards' around the edge, here is the first one (second one is currently in the finishing off stages!) I am planning to do some little appliqués to add to the sand/sea/sky oblong blocks next to the hearts to add some more interest but that will have to wait for a little.


Liking - The idea of this bench which has been installed overlooking the lake


The little blue plate says 'Chatter Bench.  Sit here if you don't mind someone stopping to say hello' it's a nice way of letting people know that you are happy to stop and have a chat and also lets people know that you may welcome someone starting a conversation

Worrying - About my sister.  She has returned home from a three week trip to Portugal early as she really is quite unwell.  She's not one to make a fuss so the fact that she has come home two weeks early makes me think that something untoward may be going on.  

Getting back - to routines this week. Max is back from holiday and will no doubt be full of energy and mischief when he is here on Wednesday, Zumba is back too on Thursday,  the only slight difference is no Rosie on Tuesday as R doesn't start her new job for another couple of weeks so she is making the most of having 'Mummy and Rosie Days'. 

Looking forward to - a week of sunny days in the forecast, let's hope that they have got their predictions right!

How is your Monday looking?

4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Let's hope your sister is feeling better once she's home & settled into her own bed. Your crochet project is turning into a master piece of art. I really like that bench & the idea that "this chatter's bench" indicates you are open for chatting & maybe making new friends. I wonder if this is an idea born out of the isolation of the pandemic. I am going to share the idea with our parks people.

Jennifer said...

A chatter bench - what a lovely idea!! I hope you enjoy that a time or two in the days to come! And I do hope that your sister is okay. I can see how you would be worried...but hopefully that will be alleviated soon. Good work on your blanket! Looks great! Here's to a fun week ahead...and Max keeping you on your toes!:)

Ruth said...

I do hope your sister feels better soon, how worrying for you all.
Your crochet is lovely, what a clever idea to create 'postcards'!

Susanne said...

I like the idea of a chatter bench. Fun postcard quilt!!