Friday 17 June 2022

The camera never lies ... or does it?

 If you look at these photos that I took on Tuesday 


You may see a happy dog on a picnic blanket eagerly hoping that a piece of cheese may fall out of a bread roll and be hers for the taking


You may see two people and a dog relaxed and enjoying a trip to the seaside in the sunshine.

It doesn't tell the whole story.  Yes we went to Frinton, took a picnic lunch, Coco enjoyed sharing our cheese, we walked along the sea front and made the most of being in the sunshine.  But Tuesday was probably the most stressful day I have had since my mum died 25 years ago.  My sister had been admitted to hospital that day with very ominous symptoms and was having all manner of examinations, blood screening and CT scans.  I knew that being at home with nothing to do except consult Dr Google, and worry about all those worst case scenarios was not going to be good for me so we jumped in the car and headed for the coast.  

I am beyond relieved to say that the tests she has had so far have shown nothing sinister.  She is still very unwell, and it all seems a bit of a mystery, but hopefully now the worst diagnosis has been ruled out she can lose some of the anxiety and gradually regain some strength.  

Although it was a horrendously, long stressful day it had the added benefit of me finding the first photo for the Summer Photo Hunt.  


 Numer 3 - Stairs.  It feels like every year I manage to include a beach hut somewhere in the list!  

So it is the hottest day of the year so far here today - we have a very hot dog in the house already and I've already forewarned her that 'afternoon walkies' will not be happening until later this evening.  Is it just as hot (or hotter?) where you are?  Any tips for keeping cool?

4 comments:

Ruth said...

That's reassuring news about your sister - sending you a virtual hug.

Re the scavenger hunt, I've printed off the list but have yet to tick off anything that's on there! :)

Patio Postcards said...

Very good news about your sister. I like your SPSH stairs photo. I've got a few ticked off & one that I am waiting to take tomorrow - I need the sun to line up for me.

Our weather lately has been rather chilly - woke to +8(c) today & forecast for Tuesday is +31(c) with a humidex of +41(c)! We go to extremes here ... best advice for staying cool, is ice cream & A/C

Susanne said...

Don't ever consult Dr. Google, no good can come of that - just scary scenarios. I hope that they do pinpoint your sister's ailment, as t sounds like it is probable something able to be addressed. I need to go print my photo hunt list, can't get too far behind.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Oh, Deb...we say it to each other all the time...it's always something. My goodness, I am so sorry about your sister. How very scary. Hope the doctors have some explanation and answers as to what was going on with her. And that she is continuing to regain her strength.

I can see the stress in the photo you shared in your usually bright eyes. Paul and even Coco look worried, too. I am glad you were able to get away for your jaunt to the coast but I am sure you felt as if a cloud was hanging overhead the whole day. Hopefully, you can return to the coast for do-over in the near future.

We are feeling almost normal tonight. I am so thankful. Still a bit of brain fog. But we were busy today and even worked out. Good health is so precious.

Thinking of you and your sister, sweet friend.