Friday 31 March 2023

#WBOYC in March

 


March, 'In like a lion, out like a lamb' well it isn't exactly spring like here today, and it would appear that April showers arrived a few days too soon.  There was much to celebrate in the first half of the month so let's see what was on my calendar!  Last month's way of recording my month seemed to work well so let's go again for March. 

M

My birthday on 14th March and Mother's Day on the 19th.  Double celebrations!  Had a lovely birthday lunch at a new-to-us restaurant in town - delicious.It's been open a couple of years and I'm not sure why we haven't been there before, but we will return, that's for sure.

A

Also my son's birthday on 5th March - it was a good month for birthdays! 

Anxious about the dentist.  Why do I get myself in such a state?  Twice a year, thankfully nothing to be done.  

R

Reading The Woman with the Cure by Lynn Cullen for our monthly book club choice and Death at La Fenice by Donna Leon. I heard Donna being interviewed and liked the sound of her series of books featuring Commissario Brunetti set in Venice. These are nice easy reading books and she describes Venice so well, I just want to be wandering around the alleyways and canals - popping into a coffee shop for a drink and a pastry.

C

Catching up with my author friend Dani and Celebrating her winning the Jackie Collins Award for Romantic Thrillers at the Romantic Novelists Association Awards Ceremony. 

Crocheting project finished!  I really enjoyed this one and am pleased with the colours that I chose.



H

Hospital appointment yesterday for a DEXA bone density scan.  My sister has osteoporosis so it will be interesting to hear if I do too.  I hate worrying about being late for appointments so always allow plenty/too much time to get to places and then find a parking space (always a problem at any of our local medical sites)so I arrived at the hospital half an hour early as there was no traffic, no temporary traffic lights, and no diversion routes. (Although the hospital is only in the next town along to us, it is a 'one road in and out' town and notorious for becoming gridlocked at the drop of a hat) Pulled into the car park and there was just one space free right at the end.  Booked into reception 25 mins early, got called into the DEXA room almost straight away and ended up leaving the hospital at the time I was originally supposed to be having my appointment!

Hoping that now we have officially put the clocks forward into British Summertime we will see some warmer weather.  The return of freezing temperatures and the snow at the beginning of the month was not welcome in this corner of Deb's World!

Only five letters to complete this month - would you like to see how the month looked - 1 Second Everyday?



Now please do pop over to the other side of the world to the other 'Deb's World' and see how things were in Australia.  Spoiler alert - the other Deb had much better weather and was able to get out and about a LOT more than I did!


6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

A lovely month recap & I enjoyed your 1 minute a day. I like how you spell out the month for your recap features. Your birthday treat from the restaurant looked so special & yummy. March for us came in like a moody Lamb & is leaving like a sulky Lion.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, for some reason I have difficulty commenting here but want you to know I dropped by - it’s Jo Tracey from and anyways. Love your crocheted rug and happy birthday! Mine was on the 12th so that makes us almost birthday twins. Thanks for linking up with us.

Deb's World said...

This is such a good way of looking at the month that was deb, very clever of you :) Thanks for the shout-out, I always like seeing what the other Deb's World is doing and next month (May) we'll be both in the same country (yours not mine)! I do hope the weather starts warming up for you over there as I'll be thinking about packing soon :) Your month was a mix of birthdays and appointments it seems, all the best for April. Thanks for joining us for What's Been on Your Calendar #WBOYC, I love reading what everyone's been up to.

Sue from Women Living Well After 50 said...

Hi Deb thank you for joining us at the What's Been On Your Calendar? during March. I love a good detective series so I will definitely be checking out the Commissario Brunetti set in Venice series. Have a lovely April x

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

A fun way of recording March! You did well with your bone density appointment, in and out at the time you should have gone in. I'm always early for everything too. I'm having a terrible time with the dentist. A filling last week but worst to come - a root canal and possible implant!!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Was just thinking about your friend Dani. Need to check out her latest books. Glad you gals were able to get together to catch up.

That afghan is so pretty. Love the olive/mustard color that so perfectly matches your throw pillows. The pattern is unusual and doesn't just look like color blocks stitched together. I think I am remembering you taught yourself how to crochet when you were interested in making baby blankies for your grands. You have really taken off!!

Glad your birthday and Mother's Day were well celebrated. I think I am probably due for a dental appointment any minute...holding my breath that I am mistaken. I have orders for a bone density test and mammo so will be calling to make those appointments today. Oh, the fun!!