Monday 3 April 2023

Me on a Monday

Here we are on the first Monday of the new month. Did you get caught out by any April fool pranks on Saturday?  I saw on Instagram that Waitrose were offering a double necked wine bottle that was half red wine and half white - Merlonay!  

We definitely had April showers to welcome in the new month - Coco was absolutely filthy when she came back from her walk on Saturday morning.  Apparently she had insisted on going over the park - yes I know it sounds crazy to say that she chooses which route she goes on but believe me, when she decides she wants to go somewhere she is impossible to move!

It's the school Easter holidays for the next couple of weeks so there are some extra childminding duties on the calendar.  Paul is out today and it will be nice to have a day to myself before the busyness of the next few days - although if Coco thinks we will be heading off over the park later she will either have to give in to my route which involves pavement walking or miss out on her afternoon walk!  

I had a rather uplifting moment on Saturday.  I have decided to use our local library more rather than keep uploading books to my kindle but my library card had expired, so I did my online application and then headed into town to take proof of address to get the actual card.  I sat at the desk while the librarian went through my details and then I noticed her frown.  She came round to the front of the desk and bent close to say quietly 'I think you've made a mistake on your online form. Have you had a birthday recently?' I confirmed that I had and she smiled and went on to say 'I think you've accidentally entered the wrong year.  You've entered 1958, but that would make you 65!' 'Yes, I am 65' I confirmed.  At which point she seemed genuinely surprised and said 'well I thought I ought to check because you certainly don't look it!'  Paul suggested that she probably says that to all the people over a certain age (even though she is probably a very similar age to me) to compliment them but I am choosing to believe that she was genuine!

Well, the sun is shining and the forecast is for a dry week ahead so fingers crossed that it will be nice for the lead up to the Easter weekend. Here’s a picture of a little sunny corner of the garden; isn’t it lovely when a bit of colour appears in the garden?



I'll be back on Friday with a cup of tea and a chat - please do come and join me 😊

5 comments:

alexa said...

What a lovely librarian! A real lift for the morale :). (She's quite right of course - you do look very youthful). Your garden is looking very tidy and Springlike, and I am envious. Here, ours is tatty and feels overwhelming. Ah yes, holidays and childcare - here's another whose days are going to be full; though I'm glad I don't have muddy canines to contend with as well!

Patio Postcards said...

A lovely corner of a delightful garden. I think the librarian was being genuine, a slap on Paul's hand for thinking otherwise (col). Although my cats don't go outside, I totally understand the will of our fur companions. When the girls decide on something, very little will distract them from their goal, so yes I believe Coco will decide on the route!

Barbara Eads said...

Your garden looks so pretty and inviting! I think it's funny that Coco knows exactly where she wants to go. There must be something she likes about that route. Maybe it's the wildlife through the park that interests her. Have fun with the "babes!"

Ruth said...

What a lovely thing for the librarian to say, I am also someone who thinks that you look younger then 65!

I know exactly what you mean by Coco choosing the route, as Tilly likes to do the same. Last week's horrible weather meant two showers a day for her!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I'm always hoping for a librarian moment like that but no-one ever seems to doubt my age! Have a good time with the youngsters.