Monday 13 November 2023

Me on Monday

 We’ve been busy since you last visited, the redecoration of the downstairs loo has moved up a gear. We have quite the team effort, I cut the wallpaper, carefully sorting out the pattern match,Paul pastes and fixes it on the wall, and Coco … well 


Coco walks on it when I turn round to get the scissors.  Anything you put on the floor, that dog thinks it’s there for her to lay on! Hopefully, today will see the end of the wallpapering and Paul can turn his attention to fitting the new taps and unit.

I wasn’t too well last week, I picked up some kind of 24 hour stomach bug which started Monday afternoon. Fortunately I was well enough for my hairdresser appointment the following day although I did ask him to cut and colour it as fast as he could, just in case!  Luckily it was a short lived thing as we were at a friend's house for a curry night on Saturday, I must admit that on Monday evening I was not looking forward to it but was feeling a lot better in time to have a nice evening and enjoy my meal!

Coco has an operation booked for tomorrow. She refuses to let us brush her teeth and although she has a daily dental stick, her teeth are in need of a descale which has to be done under general anaesthetic. I know I will be anxious about her all day.

It's a wet and miserable day here today - perfect weather for staying inside and decorating!  How are things where you are?


6 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Pretty wallpaper. Coco obviously likes it too. Sorry to hear about the bug. Hope all goes well with the vet! Have a good week.

Patio Postcards said...

Very glad to read you are on the mend. When our fur family members approve of something, well we know we are onto something good (lol). My fur girls (cats) won't eat their dental kibble (very large rounds of crunch), so we make a game of it, I throw, they hunt it. Oh the things we do for our darlings.

Ruth said...

Sorry to hear you've had the lurgy, there seems to be a lot doing the rounds right now.
I hope Coco is okay - Tilly won't let us clean her teeth either; our groomer now done it when T goes for her haircut.

Your wallpaper choice is lovely! :)

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Hope you're feeling much better now and that Coco wasn't too put out by her trip to the vet. Glad to hear that the smallest room is coming along nicely, even with Coco's help :0)

Jennifer said...

Another sunny and lovely autumn day! It has been so dry...but I have to admit that I am really enjoying one sunny day after another. Glad you are feeling better and do hope that Coco appreciates her clean, healthy smile this afternoon:) Hooray for house project refreshers - such fun!!

Barbara Eads said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather last week. But that wallpaper should surely be brightening your day!! I can't wait to see the finished room!