Thursday 4 September 2008

Sept 2

Day two! I normally pride myself on being fairly good at remembering birthdays and getting presents and cards to people on time, but 2 September proved this wrong on two counts. First of all I realised that I had totally forgotten to buy a card for a friend whose birthday had been on 30 August. I knew she was on holiday and wouldn't be home until the 31st but it just totally escaped my mind to buy a card and deliver it ready for when she got home. I am ashamed!

Then, it had been my daughter's birthday on 24 August and she really wanted a necklace with her name on like Carrie in Sex in the City. So I ordered one, but it wasn't ready in time for her birthday. But on 2 September the store called to say that it was finally in, so I collected it and gave it to her. She really wasn't expecting any more gifts and the smile on her face when she opened it was lovely, she really didn't mind that it had arrived 2 weeks late!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Fabby necklace and lovely pages It's always nice to get late pressies and I bet she was thrilled xx