Monday 2 March 2009

Let them eat quiche

In a moment of madness, we offered to host my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary in April. It was done on the understanding that we could cater for a similar amount of people to that when we celebrated their 80th birthdays, 5 years ago and last year. That was for 22 people and to be honest, that was pushing things a little. I do vaguely remember saying 'Never again'! Quite apart from plates, cutlery and glasses, as the older relatives get, well, older - they need to sit down rather than stand at these 'dos' and we simply don't have that much seating. Anyhow, I digress. Yesterday we asked for a final headcount of who was coming. We made a list. And just like Santa Claus, we checked it twice. THIRTY! How could they have invited 30? We said 22 - aaarghhhh!
So, yesterday I defrosted my little freezer to prepare for incoming food and today I have made a start. So here are the fruits of my labour, one traditional Quiche Lorraine and a smaller tuna, cheese and onion quiche. It may not be much, but at least I feel like I have made a start!

No comments: