Monday 1 March 2010

Happy St David's Day


OK, I'm not Welsh, and apart from an Aunt who moved to Bridgend back in the day, I have no connection with Wales whatsoever, but on this bright sunny March day, I wanted to mark the occasion with a photo of daffodils. This pic was taken on Easter Sunday 2008 and I loved the sight of daffs growing up through the snow. There's something cheery about the sight of daffodils and someone had left vases of them in the staff room this morning and they looked beautiful glowing in the bright sunshine that was streaming in through the window. Hey, maybe Spring IS just around the corner after all.
Happy March everyone!

8 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Happy March to you, too! We spent a wonderful week in Northwest Wales eight years ago - so beautiful up there!
Rinda

Sian said...

Well, I'm half-Welsh so I'm wishing you a happy St.Davids Day and admiring your pretty photograph.

scrappyjacky said...

Perfect day for it isn't it...well it is here....actually feels like spring....and daffs definately signify spring to me.

humel said...

I have Welsh connections :-) The daffodils are starting to grow round here but none in flower yet! Can't wait to see them bloom, it'll definitely feel like spring then....

Scrappi Sandi said...

I'm there with Welsh connections too...so Happy St David's day to you too! that is a lovely shot of Daffs in snow! Apart from tiny shoots beginning to emerge in the hedgerows I've only seen them as bunches in Tesco so far this year!! But today definitely felt like spring...YAY!!!

scrappyjacky said...

In answer to your question...I usually colour my images with copic pens....occasionally watercolour them...today was the first time I'd used distress inks to colour one in.

Amy said...

No connections to Wales here ... lovely photo though :-)

SarahLP said...

Love your daffodils photo! It certainly feels like Spring to me too! And I'm Welsh.. from Bridgend in fact! So Happy St David's Day... and Happy Spring.. to you too :o)

See you in Shimelle's class!