Sunday 7 March 2010

New Venues

Yesterday I went to a scrapbooking crop at a new destination. It was a first ever crop organised by the ladies at Eclectic Keepsakes. It was at Marks Tey in Essex which I had never been to before and had only previously known it as a village that we went through on our way to Frinton-on-Sea when we fancied a day at the seaside. It was a really enjoyable day and the two Karens had gone to so much trouble to ensure that we had an interesting and creative day. Which included home made cup cakes and a selection of white chocolate maltesers, minstrels and chocolate eclairs on every table. What more could a scapper ask for? Well, she might ask for a little shopping therapy, and that was made possible by the ladies from A Trip Down Memory Lane who had brought a vast selection of goodies.
The first part of the day was time to work on your own projects and after lunch we had a kit to make up. I am planning to stop using up to date 'now' photos when I do a crop day and use the opportunity to scrap some of the older photos in my collection from when the kids were younger so this was my first chance to do that. I just have a bit of journalling to add on blue cardstock to stick over the cloud in the corner which will probably just document it as being 'Lanzarote 1997'

As you will see, my Tilda stamp is getting lots of good use!


8 comments:

Denise said...

Lovely day wasn't it - good to see you and catch up xxx

Sian said...

I wish we had something like that round here! Sounds like a lovely day.

scrappyjacky said...

I agree with Sian...nothing like that round here.

Karen said...

Thank you for your lovely comments about our crop. It wasn't just us that made it - it was all you lovely ladies too. We are amazed at the response we have had and intend every crop to be just as good.

I love what you have done with the kit class too.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Sounds like fun, and I love your Tilda cards!
Rinda

humel said...

Wow, I'm jealous!! When my kids are a bit older I'll feel able to go off to crops - and while I wouldn't ever wish these precious years away, at the same time I do look forward to that opportunity.

That layout is *fab* :-)

Scrappi Sandi said...

Oooh! A chance to make new scrappy friends too...sounds like you enjoyed the day! I love that LO too...!!

Amy said...

I have not been to a crop for ages - our local store closed down late last year and they had Friday scrap evenings and all-dayers twice a year ... such a pity, too far to get to one now.