Tuesday 22 February 2011

New Cook on the Block

I've discovered a new cook.  She has a cookery programme on Saturday mornings and her name is Lorraine Pascale .  I like her style of cooking and I love the recipes that she cooks.  I especially like the look of her cake shop here . I've tried two or three recipes now from her tv series and I've already started dropping serious hints to the husband about wanting her cookery book for my birthday.  Yes, I do already have two shelves full of cookery books.  No I probably don't NEED another one, but I figure if I cook up a few delicious recipes from her website he may realise that kitchen life as we know it could be so much better if I had it. 
So yesterday I tried her Mini Tiramisu cakes which passed the taste test although I quickly froze 6 so that I can bring them out at the weekend.  Then today I thought that I would use the recipe but adapt it to be chocolate muffins with white chocolate chips.
You know how they say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach?  I'm guessing that the way to a new cookery book is exactly the same!

8 comments:

Sian said...

And I'm guessing you are right, especially if this is what you are making!

scrappyjacky said...

Looking at these....I'm seconding Sian!!

Anonymous said...

Ok - doing a bit of blog hopping to distract myself from the cake that is calling my name doesn't work when said blogs contain delicious looking cakes!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Oh My!! I feel a diet coming on!!!!!

Amy said...

Please stop now ... right now - YUMMO!

Beverly said...

I feel quite certain you will be opening said book on your birthday :)

humel said...

Yum.... Reckon you've just found the way to my heart!!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Yummmmmmmm... And cool photo!