Friday 28 February 2014

Month in Numbers - February

For the shortest month of the year, February does seem to last a very long time.  
I downloaded an app called Collect which gives you a calendar page and each day it prompts you to add a photo taken on that day. So it was really easy for me to look over the month this time.  Kind of like a very mini Project Life without the journaling! Here's my month in pictures:


The highlight of the month was booking our summer holiday. 7 days in Lake Garda. Well, not actually IN the lake, but a hotel overlooking it. So in preparation for it, the husband and I are learning Italian via a free app called Duolingo.  It was recommended by the IT coordinator at work and you can learn many different languages - I'd really recommend it. At the time of writing this, I have completed 11 Of the lessons. And have mastered all the essentials like ordering pasta for lunch with a glass of white wine, and the Italian for ice cream with chocolate cake. Along with other, hopefully non essential, phrases such as 'The snake is in my boot'. 
  
I had 5 days off work as it was half term. And remembered how much I loved being a SAHM. 
 
I made the 4th and the 5th sample block from the Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine and sent off the Friendship Quilt square off to Amy who is the 4th person on the list.
 
I've made 2 cakes, one 'just because it's half term and I've got time to bake a cake' cake, and one 'Jon's home for the weekend and although it's not his birthday until the middle of next week it's an early birthday cake' cake.
 
I went to my monthly cookery club where I learnt 4 vegetarian dishes and tried 2 glasses of wine. Although one of the dishes was dessert and I'm pretty sure that most desserts are vegetarian. 
 
There was only one birthday in February, my nephew's.  32 candles bite the dust.
 
As you will see from the final photo in the collage, the pre-birthday cake which we will be having tonight is bordered with 2 packets of chocolate finger biscuits and about 200 chocolate M&Ms.  I can hardly wait for dinner time!
 
This is brought to you as part of Julie's Month in Numbers meme.  She's had a busy month with kitchen appliances ganging up on her, having her bumps felt and getting an extra head.  Go on, pop over there, you know you want to. 

10 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

That app looks great Deb. Pity I'm a smartphone-lacking-Neanderthal or that could come in very useful!

I love that you say you 'tried' 2 glasses of wine. How hard did you try?

And I'm quite sure I'd have enjoyed some 'Deb's got time to bake a cake' cake if I lived nearer.

Thanks for joining me this month Deb, you're on the board: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Enjoy the cake tonight.

Julie x

p.s: I don't think doll's heads are that creepy but equally, I don't read/watch horror either!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh Deb, I always love reading your monthly counts! LOVE the looks of that collage and the app sounds like a winner. I'm going to check it out, for sure.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your boy being home with you! xo

Amy said...

February is a big month for birthdays in our extended family - love the cake at the bottom - it is an often requested design here!

Hazel A.. said...

That app looks very cool; I may have to check it out as I'm losing my memory and taking a pic a day would help! haha! I'll bet you're looking forward to your summer holiday; wish I could come too!

Deborah Weber said...

Oh what a clever idea with the Collect app - I'm definitely going to have to give that a go. It's certainly fun seeing your month this way.

And it's a wonderful month indeed that includes two home-baked cakes.

How exciting about your upcoming vacation. And I'm glad you're preparing to point out the presence of snakes in your boots. They can put such a damper on enjoying the cuisine. :-)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Hi Deb,
It's been a while since I've been round so it's great to have an easy way to catch up.
I love the look of "collect" and will definitely go check it out.
Thanks for the tip.
Rinda

Sian said...

That looks like a very nifty little app. Anything that might encourage me to take a few more pictures would be great.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a splendid month you seem to have had. Crafting cooking and baking, I can't think of a better way to while away a few hours. I love the look of Jon's birthday cake.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Any months with cake in it are good months! good luck with the Italian and I hope you don't have to mention snakes in your boot. (or ask about the blue pen of your uncle who left it by the open second floor window)

alexa said...

I like your collage - it's very neat, and I admire your capacity for chocolate fingers :).