Friday 14 June 2019

Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt link up

Are you joining in with Mary-Lou's photographic scavenger hunt?  If you aren't, there's still plenty of time to join in, so what are you waiting for?  

I really love photo scavenger hunts, they make me keep an eye out for photo opportunities that I may otherwise have missed.  I'm sharing my first finds of the scavenger hunt, although it's possible that I'll be changing the final pick if I find something I prefer during the summer.


1 An outdoor clock


 3 Repetition


 5 The word Summer


6 An umbrella, open or closed
I have never seen a half umbrella before but what a clever idea to make shade outside of a pavement cafe.


 7 A curving path


 8 Shells


 9 A bridge


10 Something made of stone


 11 Fish (can't decide between a mosaic design or the real thing! Can't go to Portugal and not take a photograph of a sardine)


🐟


14 A handwritten sign



 17 A sail


 18 Something that should be found in pairs
(not something that should be found in Paris as I originally thought 😂)

I was fortunate to be able to tick this first batch off when we went to Portugal in May. We are off for a few days to Norfolk next week and will be taking the list with me to see what I can find there.  Maybe I'll end up with another choice for 'fish' - anyone fancy some fish and chips while sitting on a North Norfolk beach?  Can't get more British than that eh?!



5 comments:

Ruth said...

All great finds ... I'm packing for Portugal!

Patio Postcards said...

You could use many of these fabulous SPSH finds for a travel brochure to Portugal. I'm with Ruth, checking out trips to Portugal. Thanks for joining in Deb.

Melissa said...

What great finds & a FUN look at your trip to Portugal! These photos make me want to take a trip to the beach soon. I've never seen one of those half umbrellas either - very interesting way to create a shade. The handwritten sign made me laugh!

We've enjoyed the hunt & found all the items on our recent trip to Ohio, so I'm starting fresh on our next vacation later this summer. :)

Maggie said...

What a great selection of finds. I like the word summer that was well spotted! Portugal does look lovely. I have been there once many moons ago.

alexa said...

You've done a splendid job on finding all these in Portugal and it makes for such happy and sunny reading. I am especially impressed by your photo of the word 'summer' - you must be very eagle-eyed! Really pretty too.