Thursday 13 June 2019

Winter hats in June

Talk about flaming June!  What has happened to the English weather?  I put my central heating back on for an hour yesterday (don't tell my husband, he is firmly in the 'just put a thicker jumper on' camp)

It seems a bit weird to be thinking about knitting winter clothes in June but I fancied a little project.  There may be some of my blog readers who remember Sian and her blog From High in the Sky who was the inspiration for many a blog meme back in the day.  Well Sian was a very talented crafter and has now gone on to help run a wool shop in Ireland; you can find them under the Instagram name Jolly Yarn Company.  I can't think of a better person to run a wool shop, and I know that if they had opened up close to me I would be spending all my spare money in there being encouraged to try something new that I'd seen Sian knitting.  

A little while ago I saw on Instagram that Sian had knitted a hat in a day and bearing in mind I have a little granddaughter who will be needing a winter hat I thought I'd get knitting.  It wasn't long before this ...

 became this ...


Started knitting after dinner last night and had it finished before News at Ten!  I just have a pom pom to make now and I can hand it over for her mummy to keep safe until the winter.  Although if it doesn't stop raining soon, she may need it much sooner!


5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Very pretty hat. Oh yes I agree if on Jolly Yarn was closer. I saw that they had Sian in the window knitting the other day. How wonderful to be taught how to knit by her.

If you're wearing that lovely hat you made, what a perfect find for SPSH - something out of season being enjoyed!

Susanne said...

Fab colors on that hat, well done!

Ruth said...

What a super cute hat! I do hope Little Miss doesn't need to wear it before it is 'officially' winter!

Barbara Eads said...

Wow! I'm impressed! And it's so cute too!

alexa said...

You are a talented and superfast knitter! That's very pretty indeed. It wouldn't be out of place up here - I think the maximum temperature was 11C today. I nearly lit the fire but retired to bed with two hot water bottles. Himself is of a similar mind to your stalwart husband.