Monday 24 June 2019

TGIF on a Monday

So, using the alternative version of TGIF to start the week again, I am ..



... That Rosie will behave herself when I babysit for her this afternoon while her mum has an appointment in London.  She's gradually having more food as part of the weaning process, wish me luck for tea time!

... That we have some beautiful areas of natural beauty on the outskirts of our town - no need to drive for miles to get into the countryside.  Our very own nature enthusiast and epic wood lice catcher, Leo, and his dad went on a Bug Hunt in a local wooded area on Saturday.




... To try reading books I may not otherwise have tried thanks to joining in with Leslie's online book club.  This month's choice is Daisy Jones and The Six which I had already been tempted by after seeing that Ruth had read and enjoyed it.  

... we had a lot of fun at Sophie's baby shower yesterday


Not long to wait now until this grand baby arrives.  Baby is breech and the consultant is going to try and turn it on Wednesday, if he/she refuses to budge they will book a date for C section so there may be more news sooner than expected!  


6 comments:

Ruth said...

I hope you enjoy Daisy Jones and The Six! Fingers crossed for a safe delivery, no matter when it happens.

Patio Postcards said...

Yes good luck with getting Rosie to eat. Fingers crossed newest expected Grandbaby turns with help & not a C section. I must look up Wood Lice because all I focused on was the word lice ...

alexa said...

Hope the teatime food experiments all went well; and delighted to read that young bug-hunters are still being encouraged. Will be crossing fingers for a successful 'turning'; my god-daughter (as well as my own DD) is also expecting and her baby is similarly breech. You are not short of things to keep you occupied :).

Susanne said...

Leo is a little cutie. And how exciting to be waiting for a new little one. I will have to pop over and see about Leslie's book club.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Thank you for the book club mention. I try not to vote on our choice because I tend to go for the same old thing, and the club is pushing me to read new genres and books I might not have tried on my own. Hope Rosie was a perfect doll. And that you and Leo had some exploring time together. What does one feed a baby girl at tea time? I would love to see what tea time looks like!! Please share!!

debs14 said...

Rosie was the perfect guest - played for an hour or so then fell asleep in her buggy while we walked round to pre-school to pick Leo up. Leo, however, is starting to question having to share us with his little sister - he's been used to our undivided attention! Rosie is only just starting to have food and Rachel is determined that she will only have healthy, home cooked foods to start with so tea time is just mashed sweet potato with broccoli - she will have to wait awhile for 'proper afternoon tea' of scones and jam and cream ;-)