Monday 2 December 2019

A sentence a day in November

November - The month where I start by saying I refuse to start thinking about Christmas too early and end the month starting to panic as everyone else has finished shopping and I haven't even started!

Day 1 Bit of a boring start to the month as I seemed to spend the day catching up on household chores that have slipped under the radar while I was ill, the photo book from our holiday arrived, lovely memories.

Day 2 Although England reached the Rugby World Cup final in Japan, they were beaten by South Africa so a disappointing start to the day but ended it nicely with friends coming over for drinks in the evening

Day 3 Sunday lunch with M-I-L and Rachel and family, first time in about a month - M-I-L was so pleased to see her great grandchildren, it really did brighten her up.

Day 4 In the words of Britney Spears 'Oops I did it again ...' bought some gorgeous sparkly shoes from Marks and Spencer which will be perfect for going out over the Christmas period and any other time (whoever is in charge of shoe design at the moment at M and S gets my vote!)




Day 5 Childminding day and a trip to Baby Sensory where the theme was 'Under the Sea' 

Day 6 Had my flu jab at the local pharmacy this morning (I'm five years too young to get a free NHS one!)  also ended up having to wash my car due to some very large bird leaving some very large bird poo on the back windscreen and all down the back - disgusting - I tried just hosing it off but ended up cleaning the whole car.

Day 7 Zumba! 

Day 8 Went to Cambridge and unexpectedly bought a few Christmas presents - had friends over for drinks in the evening

Day 9 One of the volunteers that Paul works with at our local Country Park invited all the committee members and their wives to his home for a meal - I didn't know any of the other people there so I have to admit that I wasn't really looking forward to it but, as often happens, we actually had a really nice evening, everyone was lovely and friendly.

Day 10 Thought we had a quiet Sunday with just the two of us, then Max turned up for Sunday lunch (along with his mum and dad!) and we met up with Rachel and her family over the park so it ended up being a great family day.


Although this photo is predominately Rachel and Leo on a zip wire, you can also see (right to left) Jon with baby Max in his sling, Sophie, James with Rosie in her buggy, Paul and Coco!

Day 11 Next week Sophie's sister is getting married and I am going the the venue to look after Max behind the scenes so she and Jon can relax and enjoy the festivities - the venue is nearly an hour from us and in a place I have never been to before (fantastic name of the village - Shingay cum Wendy) and as I have no sense of direction and don't always trust a sat nav today we did a trial run so I know where I am going.

Day 12 Childminding day - Rosie seems to have taken a shine to a little boy called Alex at Baby Sensory, they crawl into the middle of the room together and then sit opposite one another and stroke each other's face, (cue lots of 'aaah' from all the other mums!) #verycute

Day 13 My author friend has a new book published today so I went to her book launch at our local Waterstones store - also Coco went to groomers and had her festive photo taken





Day 14 Zumba - always a good start to a Thursday

Day 15 Started decorating the dining room ...



 ... and Paul had an hour long dentist appointment for root canal work 😱 

Day 16 More decorating, walls are now done, just a door left to paint now

Day 17 Finished knitting a little cardigan to send to the NICU hospital 

Day 18 Another trial run to the wedding venue using a different route - this was was much more direct, I feel like I may actually find it myself now - celebrated with a coffee and hot sausage sandwich at a local farm shop

Day 19 Belated Children in Need themed Baby Sensory today




Day 20 Had a manicure for the first time in months!




Day 21 Rosie's first birthday - the time has flown!

Day 22 Babysitting Max at Natalie's wedding, happy to report that he was very well behaved and I found my way home again even in the dark!



Day 23 Went into town and tried out a new cafe/deli for mid morning coffee - will definitely be returning, it was lovely!

Day 24 Zumba 'Christmas' lunch followed by Rosie's birthday party - Rachel made a fabulous cake


Day 25 Went with a friend to the cinema to see 'Last Christmas' - we both really enjoyed it and the George Michael music throughout was perfect!  Even Andrew Ridgeley is in a scene right at the end!

Day 26 Childminding day - baby sensory in the afternoon, only two more sessions to go before Rosie is too old for that group.

Day 27 A totally unsuccessful shopping trip into a nearby town - I'm trying hard to shop locally this year to support local business rather than internet shopping but need to have more of an idea of what I'm looking for before I head to the shops!

Day 28 Zumba!

Day 29 Babysitting for Rachel in eve, when I tried to get in my car to come home all the door handles had frozen shut #winteriscoming

Day 30 Went to friends for dinner, car windscreen totally frozen when we came to go home but at least the doors opened!

Ready for the monthly video round up? 1 Second Every Day






And if you fancy seeing what other people have been doing this month, or if you want to join in yourself, here's the place with the links! (I may be a day early in sharing this so if that's the case, please come back again tomorrow 😉)
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Very nice pair of wining & dining shoes, just hope they are comfortable for any dancing that may be had (col). You certainly had a very full month. I am with you on local shopping this year for Christmas, although I do not have many gifts to buy & I am haunting all the local craft fairs & bazaars.

alexa said...

Well done on all that baby-minding and looking-after - I should think you deserve your sparkly footwear! That's very laudable to buy locally, and I will take a leaf out of your book ... Lovely to see so many of the family in your photos.

Ruth said...

What a lovely month you've had, full of, erm, loveliness!

Deb's World said...

I loved your 'oops I did it again' moment Deb, made me smile and nice sparkly shoes!! That cake is amazing and happy first birthday to Rosie :) . It's always lovely to hear what you've been up to, and this month I'm actually in the same country as you :)

Natalie said...

What a nice month you had, Deb. I like the sparkly shoes and Rosie's birthday cake looks beautiful. Hard to believe she's 1 already. Have a wonderful December! #sentenceaday

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Hey friend, so glad to read you made it back from the childminding during the wedding. I know you were a bit concerned.

Yay for sparkly shoes. Someone suggested I shop for sparkly or metallic sling backs, which I think is the style of your new pair, to go with a skirt. On the look out for something affordable as I need a new pair of shoes like a hole in the head.

Rachel's cake for Rosie was sensational. Imagine it was just as tasty as it was pretty. Cannot believe she is one!

Love Coco's pictures. She is such a cutie. Wish I could accompany you girls on a walk one day.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for zumba. We are trying to get back to going to the gym after being out of town. I am not terribly interested. In fact, PC is waiting this moment for me to put on my gym clothes.

Big hugs!!