Thursday 30 April 2020

Ta Dah in April

I wasn't expecting to have much to note down for this Lockdown April, but it turns out that not being allowed to leave the house for more than an hour a day means I've achieved more than I thought I would ...


πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

I'm learning Spanish on Duolingo.  I started at the end of March and have managed to do at least one lesson every day in April. Not that I will be going to Spain any time soon to practise it but it's good to be prepared! Bravo!





🌱🌸🌿

We are growing runner beans, courgettes and tomatoes from seed.  We've had varied success in the past but this year, things are so far looking good.  We'll never be self sufficient but there is nothing nicer than picking fruit and vegetables from the garden and eating them fresh that day.  We also have raspberries and strawberries growing and at the moment, the snails and slugs seem to be leaving them alone - famous last words.




😷😷😷

I've learnt how to sew face masks.  They aren't mandatory here - yet, but if it should come to that I am prepared!


πŸ›’πŸ›’πŸ›’

I have discovered that with a bit of foreward planning, detailed shopping lists and meal plans, I can shop just once a week.  I can't wait to see if we end up spending less!


πŸ“ΊπŸ“ΊπŸ“Ί

I've finished my dvd box set of Season 15 Grey's Anatomy ... and already can't wait for Season 16 to be released over here.  Lots of loose ends that need tying up!


πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–
I read two books this month.  The first was one from our Online Book Club, Recipe for a Perfect Life by Karma Brown and the other was written by one of my favourite authors - Diane Chamberlain - Big Lies in a Small Town.  I would recommend them both.

Maybe being confined to the house is not too much of a hindrance in achieving things after all.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Congrats on all you've accomplished Deb! My April has been so up and down, I'm not sure anything solid was accomplished.

Patio Postcards said...

You had a wonderful month of many things, showing you have many skills & talents. WOW to learning another language; bien hadado.

Susanne said...

That sounds a lot was accomplished in April, I applaud you. I need to set myself some goals for May, I am keeping busy but not with specific goals in mind. Time to focus - thanks for proving it can be done!

Ruth said...

Give yourself a pat on the back for such a productive month! My own month feels inadequate, to say the least: zero second language learning, zero sewing (apart from a few straight lines on a scrapbook page) and zero veg growing. :)

We did watch Series 6 of Bosch over 5 nights, I read a few books and fed the family a varied and healthy(ish) diet. So April wasn't a total waste!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Bravo, indeed!! I am losing much of my Spanish because I don't have the opportunity to speak like I did while working. Should get back to my Duolingo, too.

Great job with the fruit and veggies you are growing. Would love to have a blackberry bush. Lauren had the berries in her yard in New Mexico, north of here, but when I tried to grow them here, it was a no-go. We are just that much hotter and drier, I think. Oh, those berries were so good.

Glad you have enjoyed Grey's Anatomy. We need a good series to binge. Paul has been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, which can be funny, but also very crude at times. And the episodes tend to all seem the same after a while.

Keep those masks handy. They lifted our mask requirement early this week and reinstated it yesterday. Our cases keep going up and our deaths are increasing daily. Keep well.