Tuesday 26 May 2020

Where we are spending our time

I thought I'd share a little viewing of where we're spending most of our lockdown time at the moment!

We've been so lucky with the weather so we've mostly decamped to the garden


Just look at the colour of that sky!  No filters involved and not a cloud to be seen.  It also appears that my hair is becoming blonder as the days unfold - which is weird because I've never been blonde before - perhaps it's just a different tone of grey?! Either way, I seem to match the tips of Coco's ears, what is it they say about dogs looking like their owners?

We decided to shower Coco yesterday as she was looking a bit grubby, so we washed her, dried her a bit in the house and then let her out in the garden to finish drying in the sunshine.  Her first reaction was to disappear into the foliage of the flower beds and start digging a hole - all our hard work spoiled in five minutes!

Would you like to see the garden?  I popped out there after breakfast to do a quick video to show you where we spend our time, I didn't think to put the cushions on the patio furniture so you'll have to use your imagination there!


Last night I discovered the perfect drink to enjoy while sitting out there enjoying the evening sunshine - a Saffron Sundowner.  Our friend's son is part owner of a local ice cream company based in Saffron Walden.  They make the most delicious ice cream and sorbets and  I found this recipe on their website.  First you take lots of ice, add 50ml gin, 80 ml sherbet lemon sorbet and 150ml tonic water.  Blitz until combined into the most refreshing, delicious flavoured drink, add a slice of lime, relax and enjoy.  


I'd love to invite you round to try it, but it may be some time before we can have more than one visitor at a time in our gardens!


5 comments:

Ruth said...

Your garden looks lovely (and big!) - put me down for a visit when we're allowed, please.

Patio Postcards said...

Thanks for the garden tour, I SO enjoyed hearing the birdsong. I did chuckle at your comment about your hair taking on the same tones as Coco's.

Susanne said...

Thanks for the spin around the garden, it was just my speed. It looks like a quiet place to decamp and enjoy the flowers and the birds. We can tell the birds are much happier with less pollution in the air these days - their singing is so much louder in the morning as they seem to have increased the number in their chorus.

LA Paylor said...

haha, coco does look like you.... her smile I think

Maybe your hair is taking on the color of lemon sherbet drinks... lol!
LeeAnna

Barbara Eads said...

Okay, that is one drink I must try. I do like my gin and tonics, so this steps it up a notch!! One of my friends from Nottingham always brings me a bottle of Sipsmith lemon gin when she comes over. We cannot get that here. I'm very stingy with it! But this sounds like the perfect take on the lemon flavor.