Monday 15 March 2021

Celebrating in lockdown

 Last year I just managed to celebrate my birthday before we were confined to home and banned from mixing and my son and I were the only ones in the family not to have a lockdown birthday.  We weren't so lucky this year.  

In fact, lockdown has robbed me of two celebrations this weekend as Sunday was also Mother's Day, what are the chances of two events on the same day?  Hey ho.  There was still cake, there were still presents, there was chocolate, there were ... 

... glasses of prosecco and there were cards.  One card especially brought tears to my eyes



Pretty sure my handwriting wasn't as neat as his when I was 4, he's obviously been practising during homeschooling!

So another week has bitten the dust and we stand at the doorway of a new one. Fortunately neither of us had any nasty side effects of our vaccine last week, and every day I hear of someone else we know that has come to the top of the waiting list for theirs - is that a little glimmer of light I see at the end of the lockdown tunnel? 


4 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy belated birthday! It looks as though you had lots of cards and the one from L & R is especially sweet. :)

Patio Postcards said...

Sending lots of belated birthday wishes. How lovely to receive the first of many signed Leo & Rosie cards. Leo's handwriting at 4 puts my handwriting of now to shame! I will blame so much keyboarding & so little actual writing (lol).

Take that glimmer of hope of vaccine roll out ... glad to hear no side effects from your vaccine jab.

alexa said...

Mmm, that is tough, missing out on two celebrations :(. Wishing you a very happy (retrospective) birthday - how lovely is that card. I'd have melted too.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

I am so sorry I missed your birthday. Glad that you were remembered by those you love most. That grandbaby handwriting is just precious. Surely to goodness you will soon be able to celebrate both Mother's Day and your birthday with those babies in person.
Happy, happy, healthy, happy belated birthday, dear friend.