Monday 6 September 2021

Me on Monday

 I'll let you in on a little secret - I was very apprehensive about last week!  But we survived to tell the tale and it is done and dusted now.  By the end of it I felt every single one of my 63 years old!  

Within the space of ten days we had babysat twice, had Max for his first sleepover, had all three grandchildren here for childminding at the same time, and had Leo and Rosie sleepover at the end of the week.  Rosie had never spent a night away from her mum ever and she is quite a determined young lady, it could have gone very wrong if she had suddenly wanted Rachel who was by then 109 miles away.  In addition to that it was Leo's third day back at school and he'd been apprehensive on both previous days so the prospect of dealing with that and trying to get them both breakfasted, washed and dressed in time to be out the house and take Coco for a walk was a little daunting.  However, it was all fine, there were no tears and no last minute worries. (From either of us 😉)

Back home for our Covid and blood antibody tests - Rosie was intrigued as to why Nanny and Grandad deliberately cut their fingers and caught the blood in a test tube, and was insistent that she chose a 'nice' plaster for me rather than the one the NHS provided.


 Yes that is Iron Man, strangely enough my box of Superhero plasters doesn't include any Superwomen.

I am hopeful that this week will be more relaxed - Max will be on holiday in Wales, there is no Zumba this week as the teacher is on holiday and there are no sleepovers planned.  

Forty one years ago today, I was all dressed up in a long white dress, holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers, standing in a church saying 'I do' - where did those years go?  


We decided to have an early anniversary meal out, it felt like there would be more atmosphere on a Sunday lunch than a Monday evening and went to a local-ish pub that Rachel and Jon had recommended and the food did not disappoint - they had me at 'shredded slow roasted lamb'.  

The sun is shining, exactly as it was 41 years ago but instead of walking down the aisle, we are taking Coco to Hatfield Forest for a walk around the lake and through the trees, followed by a cup of coffee at the shell house

Have a good week!

7 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. WOW 41 years, I bet it has gone by in a flash. Lovely wedding photo. I think Rosie chose well for your bandage but in today's climate, not to include a super woman could be a start to must find the bandaids with super women on them. (col). I hope you enjoy your walk outside.

Ruth said...

Blimey, I'm exhausted just reading through that second paragraph!

Many, many congratulations on your wedding anniversary! I feel as though The Brainy One and I are still in the beginners lane by comparison! :)

Susanne said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun, if at times challenging, week. Good job on avoiding the tears. I remember the first time we left my son overnight with his grandparents while we went away. I made the mistake of calling to check on him while he was still awake, and both he and I ended up having a meltdown. I'm sure my in-laws were not pleased with me, although it was they who were letting a toddler stay up late. Still, I just hadn't thought that through. Geez, I wonder what kind of irresponsible grandparent I might make one day? ;-)

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

Happy anniversary, and I'm glad the weekend went so well.
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Jennifer said...

Happiest anniversary wishes!! What a lovely photo...such a pretty bride you were!! Glad you survived all the "grand" adventures!! The reward for 41 years of a wonderful life:)

Barbara Eads said...

Congrats on 41 years!!! Quite an accomplishment in this day and age. Your meal out was a great way to relax and reward yourself for such a busy week. It's amazing how tiring keeping the children can be--just because we're out of that mode now! Still, I know you really enjoyed having them. At least that's how I always felt. Then I breathed a sigh of relief when it was over!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

So proud of you to have managed the babies for two overnight adventures. We are babysitting tonight for a few hours but not overnight. And will go to the kids' house for our child-minding session because PC wants to avoid sticky fingers on all of the surfaces of our house whenever possible.

Your wedding photo is so pretty. You have a spark of spunk and maybe shyness, too, in that picture. The spunk is still there now but I don't think of you as shy. Lovely dress and bouquet. You are and were a beautiful bride.

Hope this weekend is an enjoyable one for you. And that Jon and Sophie soon have all their paperwork set so they can get moved into their new home. XO