Today I'm joining in with 10 on the 10th, hosted by Leslie.
This month's collection is 10 prayers, wishes, hopes and goals for the next year. I'm not good with New Year Resolutions so maybe this will be a better way of thinking about things I would like to see happen in 2022.
- It goes without saying that first on the list is my hope that my family and friends all stay safe and well in the coming year
- I intend to speedily return to my per-Christmas weight; having Paul in isolation meant we were indoors for 10 days with too much chocolate covered temptation
- I am hoping that we can get to go to different places each month, even if it isn't far away, it would be good to find 12 new places to visit
- Our son gifted us a voucher for a hotel website and my goal is to find somewhere to go for a night away hopefully sometime around my birthday in March
- Last year we did a lot of socialising in the month before Christmas and then nothing in December - it was all or nothing! This year I intend to make sure we go out for one meal a month even if it is just lunch out in a pub. Obviously this will not help my second comment ...
- This year we plan to replace the flooring in our conservatory. This has been on the 'to do' list for the last two years. It HAS to happen in 2022
- I really hope that we will get to go overseas on holiday this year - we used to go away at least twice a year before 'you know what' changed everything
- I desperately hope that this year we find a way to live with this virus in a way which allows us all, but in particular the young, to live our lives to the full, to socialise and learn in a more relaxed way
- Over the last few months I feel like I have lost something in my blogging, so my goal for that is to find a bit of momentum to make better blog posts
- Lastly, I would like to challenge myself to read a little more. I'm not sure I could manage two books a month, but maybe 18 over the year? I probably ought to investigate the Good Reads website. Would I find anyone I know on there?
So that is my ten. I actually found this harder than I thought I would! I'll be interested to see what other people choose for their 10 on the 10th.