Monday 7 March 2022

Me on Monday

 Oh, what a week this has been around the world.  It's impossible to put into words how upsetting the news is at the moment isn't it?  It feels like the only way we can help is to donate money to charities who can get whatever is needed to the people who need it most.  We have donated via the Disasters Emergency Committee  but I am sure that there are many others who are helping too.  

I ended last week with a fun meal out with 16 ex-school friends - it was so lovely to see everyone again after such a long time.  We were very lucky to make life long friendships and whenever we meet up it feels like we are still sixth formers!  Of course sixth form was 45 years quite a while ago 😉

It feels like a long time since I had a crafty project on the go so I have tentatively started a new crochet blanket.  I think we can safely say that there will be little ironing done this week #anyexcuse. This one is called Changing Tides by Coastal Crochet and it wasn't until I got to row eight that I realised that I had inadvertently chosen the colours of the Ukrainian flag for the central piece.


Last week I told you about the promotional video being filmed at our Zumba class, would you like to see my 15 seconds of fame?  


Can you spot me?  Wearing a pale peach top and black crop leggings.  You can see me in the very last frame, wearing my belly dancing skirt and shaking my maracas to the song which had the misheard lyrics!  The fundraising event is in a couple of weeks time, so we will exercise for an hour and then spend the next hour eating cake - that sounds like about right doesn't it?

It was our son's birthday on Saturday and they booked to go for a couple of days to Burnham Market.  Now here's a name from the past - they were in a restaurant having dinner when Fatima Whitbread walked in.  At the time Max had become bored and was inspecting something very important under the table and she was amused and came over to ask him who he was hiding from!  

Coco and I are both having hair cuts this week and I shall be starting early birthday celebrations at the end of the week with a meal out with some ex-work colleagues (I seem to have been able to organise things for the three days leading up to the big day and then on the actual day itself) 

Have a good week x


6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Fun video, thanks for sharing. That looks like a very difficult pattern for your quilt - blue & yellow are such lovely colours together, always makes me think of spring time in a French countryside home.

Ruth said...

I spotted you - fun to see you in action!
I agree with Mary-Lou that your crochet square looks difficult ... but also lovely.

Jennifer said...

You are a film star!! So glad you shared...I wasn't sure we would get to see you in action! What a fun class you have! You deserve cake afterward!! Have a wonderful week...lots of crocheting in your future! Such a pretty design!

Scrappi Sandi said...

How fab is that video! You all look amazing & I love that you're centre stage, shaking your booty right at the end! Good luck for the event itself! I smiled at the Fatima Whitbread story...did your son recognise her? I do envy your crochet skills & look forward to seeing the new blanket grow xx

alexa said...

Lovely to se you and your Zumba class in action - what energy! A new project sounds a great idea for Sping - and blue and yellow (until now) have always reminded me of March skies and daffodils. Hoping the celebrations are a lot of fun!

Susanne said...

Looks like fun, and I spotted you by your blonde hair and high energy!