Tuesday 1 March 2022

A Sentence a Day - February

 


Day 1 Rosie had a taster session at a local nursery today so we only had her here for half a day - it seemed to go very well

Day 2 Max came for the day, Paul was doing his volunteer work over the Country Park so I was solo-grandparenting

Day 3 Zumba was really good today, it was quite busy, almost back to pre-lockdown numbers for the first time

Day 4 Today it snowed - for about half an hour! Booked a short break for the end of April using our voucher that J&S gave us for Christmas, had friends over for dinner in the evening.

Day 5 Babysat in the evening for Leo and Rosie while R&J went out for dinner with friends as an early birthday celebration for James

Day 6 Sunday was a very windy day - it was also the 70th anniversary of our Queen acceding to the throne.

Day 7 Rachel is having a new floor laid so came to work from 'home' at our house, Coco was not impressed that Daisy came too

Day 8 We had Rosie here for the day and she decided it was a good day to be out in the garden so we actually got quite a bit of tidying up done out there.  Plus two outfit changes because one got soaking wet watering plants and the other became 'quite' muddy!

Day 9 Had Max here for the day, was good to have Paul around this week for back up!

Day 10 Thursday is Zumba day - an hour of dancing always lifts your mood.

Day 11 Had a day to myself as Paul was out for the day with a friend - was nice to spend time relaxing, reading and cooking

Day 12 Drove half way to town and walked the rest, had a coffee then popped into M&S to buy the dishes for a Valentine's meal on Monday, long walk with Coco in the afternoon as it was gloriously sunny in the afternoon.



Day 13 Woken at 5am by my car alarm going off - just like it did last month when after a week in the garage they said there was nothing wrong with it!  Recovery vehicle took it away at 5.30am - watch this space!

Day 14 Had Leo here for a few hours in the morning where we spent a lot of time drawing Harry Potter characters by following youtube tutorials - hire car arrived in the afternoon, it is a lot bigger than my Mini, a BMW 3 series, diesel rather than unleaded and automatic rather than manual.  I may only use it in an emergency!

Day 15 Rosie and Leo were here today, we made gingerbread men and gingerbread teddy bears, then decorated them before lunch then had to sample some for dessert! Popped to the shops in the hire car and it is actually really nice to drive.



Day 16 Max was here for the day, we have two large tubs of random Lego pieces here and he loves to tip the whole lot out and play with the little Lego men - it takes forever to put away again but he absolutely loves doing it.

Day 17 Zumba was fun - we had a new photo taken for the teacher's Facebook page

Day 18 Storm Eunace blew through the country - our neighbours lost two fence panels but we were lucky to escape unscathed



Day 19 Picked up my car from the garage, they replaced a circuit board so fingers crossed ... Leo and Rosie came for a sleepover

Day 20 The house seemed very quiet and calm after our two houseguests went home in the afternoon

Day 21 My car was at a different garage today, getting it's first MOT while I helped making teas and coffees at Paul's voluteer group's AGM at the local council offices

Day 22 Had Rosie here today - Leo was sent home from school early with suspected chicken pox - I had a quick inspection when I dropped Rosie home at tea time, I'm not convinced, there are only four spots but we will see what he looks like after a night's sleep!

Day 23 No chicken pox for Leo so back to school today! What a weird day of weather - we had a little bit of everything today while Max was here, nice conditions for rainbows though


Day 24 Zumba in morning, practising for when we have a videographer coming to film us next week

Day 25 Dentist appointment in the morning - nothing needs doing, my dentist is not going to take NHS patients anymore though so I will be assigned to another person at the practice, just as I had started to feel comfortable with this one

Day 26 An unexpected visit to Jon in the afternoon to deliver a garden table and chairs, had a lovely walk through the woods behind their house and then went to friends for dinner in the evening

Day 27 Sunday was a gloriously sunny day so Coco was treated to a longer walk in the morning

Day 28 Went to Cambridge looking for inspiration for possible birthday gifts (mission accomplished!) very happy to find that our favourite lunchtime venue has reopened after a year of refurbishment - their pizzas use authentic Sicilian ingredients and are absolutely delicious!


A good way to end the month and my last month of being 63 😳

So that's a wrap for the shortest month of the year - and here's it is 1 Second Everyday



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I admire your energy Deb in looking after young grandchildren, particularly on your own! The Sicilian pizza looks great - I am not usually tempted by pizza! We were also lucky to escape unscathed from the storms, although the wheelie bins did make a break for freedom.....

Patio Postcards said...

Another great & busy month on Granny duties (col). I like the looks of your knitted basket (from the video). So glad Leo doesn't have chicken pox. This side of the pond chicken pox is one of the vaccines the kids get in their early years. Oh pizza the best food IMO.

Joanne said...

What a great month! So glad Leo didn't have chicken pox. That rainbow is beautiful!!

Barbara Eads said...

Every month, when you do these posts, I think about how much fun your life is. But then I think, if I wrote one sentence a day, mine would seem more fun too! We are so fortunate to get to spend so much time with family. I do envy your littles! Since our grands are all grown, we see them less. But, it's nice to know they enjoy spending time with us--and bringing boyfriends/girlfriends. I don't think I ever brought a boyfriend to visit with my grandparents. Socializing with them as adults is something fun that I never anticipated when they were little. You are just starting with your littles, so you have a lot to look forward to!

Wildflower Adventures said...

I always enjoy reading about your adventures with the grandkids. Can hardly wait to see mine in within the next few weeks. Those gingerbread man cookies look delicious. Oh dear, troubles with the car alarm again. Maybe replacing that board will have it fixed. Karen

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

A taster session - is that like trying out a nursery? Love the colorful way you speak. So much prettier than our coarse American English.
So glad your Zumba friends have just about all returned to the group. I know how much you enjoyed that. Has the videographer taped you gals yet? I keep thinking I will try water aerobics but don't forsee having time in March.
Cannot imagine getting a BMW as a rental car!! Wow. Good for you to drive an automatic. I much prefer automatic. Or did, before grandchildren. Might complicate things now just because it would be another thing to think about!!
You kept your darling grands quite a bit in February. I bet drawing H. Potter was great fun. I found a video for drawing Cat in the Hat with Lucia's class. The kids really enjoy drawing.
Lauren and Francisco are rethinking their overseas trip. I am relieved. Not canceled yet but they are thinking this might not be the time to travel so far from home. Fingers crossed.
Love the rainbow photo. And all the pics in your 1 sec everyday video. You look darling. Did you notice a change in the format of 1 sec everyday? I was stumped for a few days about how to use it. But figured it out.
Sending you hugs, my dear friend.

Natasha said...

You are making me want to join a gym solely so I can take Zumba classes. I think an hour of dancing would be very good for me!!! And I love long spring walks!