Monday 14 March 2022

Age is just a number

 In 1967 The Beatles released a song which is very, very appropriate for me this week.  'Will you still need me ... when I'm sixty four' I would have been nine then, and 64 would have seemed ancient - not quite so funny when you've actually reached that milestone though eh? 😆


So while today is my actual birthday, we had a lovely family day at our daughter's house on Sunday.  Just look at the amazing cake my son baked! I do love seeing the grandchildren all playing together, although not quite the 'Vera, Chuck and Dave' that the Beatles mentioned.   Max thinks Leo is hilarious and the more Max laughs, the more Leo plays to his audience.  Rosie is just longing for Olive to be old enough to play 'babies' with her!  

I started my celebrations on Friday with a meal out with friends, had friends over for drinks on Saturday, all the family together yesterday and today Paul and I are going to my favourite Thai restaurant for a Thai tapas lunch.  By this evening I think that at the grand old age of 64 I'll be ready for a nap in the armchair and an early night!

After all the excitement it will be back to business as usual for the rest of the week.  

So with the rest of the lyrics of that song in my mind, 'Will you still feed me?' I guess I had better start thinking about what I'm going to wear for my birthday lunch!

Have a good week x


7 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Happy Birthday Deb. I like how you are tying in the lyrics of the song to your day ... I think this song will be an ear worm for the day (lol).

Ruth said...

A very happy birthday to you - I hope you have a lovely day!

Susanne said...

Happy birthday to you Deb! May you get to be really, really "ancient." Because I firmly agree that 60+ isn't it!

Jennifer said...

Happiest birthday wishes!! That does look like a wonderful cake....and sounds as if you had a lovely time celebrating! Here's to a year full of sweet times with your family and friends - and perhaps a few nice surprises as well!!

alexa said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday, and hoping you've been cherished and fêted all day! And that's a delicious-looking cake ...

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I remember seeing singing When I'm 64 to J when he reached that milestone! Your cake is a stunner! Glad you had a lovely time. After the last 2 years, birthdays this year are special !

Barbara Eads said...

Happy Birthday!! Yes, 64 is just a number---until you reach 70! Then it's so much more! LOL! I'm so glad you had a fun, family celebration!