Monday 18 July 2022

The wanderer returns

 It feels like it's been a while since I did my last blog post but I'm back and thought I'd share some photos.

Have you ever been to Portugal?  It's lovely there and we are so lucky that my sister has a house there, down in Praia da Luz on the Algarve coast so we have been several times.

All dressed up and ready to go out.  I saw a photo of a friend wearing this dress and loved the colours in it so much I asked her where she bought it.  Turns out it was a couple of years old and I couldn't find it in any store but I managed to track one down on eBay in my size and at a bargain price!


This is a view of the rocks beside the beach on our way back to the house after buying an after dinner gelato


Portugal is the original home of the Pastel de Nata, a delicious custard filled tart made with the crispest, most gorgeous pastry you honestly can't find anywhere else (and believe me I've tried!)


This coffee was bought in a lovely little rustic coffee shop just around the corner from this lovely green tiled shop in Lagos


The happy holidaymakers!


So we have returned to the UK just in time for the heatwave - 40 degrees forecast for our area today!  Sounds like a day for staying home with the curtains drawn to keep the heat out.  Definitely not a day for tackling that rather large pile of ironing that has appeared due to having to do all the holiday clothes washing!

6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

It looks like a really lovely spot for vacation. How wonderful that your sister has a home there. Did you bring that heat back with you (lol).

We once attended a Portuguese wedding & OH THE FOOD! I am sure we had something like those little tarts. I spent a lot of time gazing at the dessert buffet!!

Very pretty dress & you scored tracking it down.

Susanne said...

It looks like you had a holiday that was both picturesque and yummy. And that dress was definitely worth the extra effort you took to hunt it down - lovely choice.

Ruth said...

Looks as though you have had a wonderful time, and back home to scorching weather! Well done on sourcing the dress, it looks lovely on you.

Jennifer said...

I have heard about your heatwave! Oh my...do stay cool! And how nice that you got your trip in "just in time" and were able to enjoy everything beautiful that Portugal has to offer!! I've never been but it certainly looks like somewhere I need to add to my "bucket list"! You look fantastic in your new dress. Heading out for dinner and a delightful treat helps too!!:) Be safe this week (no five-mile jogs outdoors)!! :)

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Looks lovely Deb. It's so rewarding to find a dress you've been desiring on eBay. We got back from Greece on Mon, I couldn't sleep in the stifling heat so glad it's cooler today x

Barbara Eads said...

I just went to Portugal for the first time in April. We loved it!! With your sister having a house there, it's nice to know you can get-away now and then!